GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
That residual is infact super low... it'll likely be worth far more than 19k. damn this lease is tempting for sure.

Except for the fact that you are getting a momwagon with a CVT:laugh:

Fkn Max, lol, somebody could be getting a smoking deal on a Fiat 500 and you'd say "damn this lease is tempting for sure"

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Wait, is it a 42 mo lease? Amount paid in payments/payment is 42 mos...3.5 years

Not that it matters, just never heard of a lease term like that.

Math does in fact suggest 42 months.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI

Fkn Max, lol, somebody could be getting a smoking deal on a Fiat 500 and you'd say "damn this lease is tempting for sure"

I think he's a cheapass before a car enthusiast.

Honestly, you could do worse than a Forester as a momwagon. Turbo boxer, AWD, the CVT isn't THAT bad with the drive modes. You wouldn't want to drive it daily, but as something to drive occasionally, it works.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Well it is a killer deal... Remember that crown Vic I have been bitching about... well It needs replacement... I am thinking of picking up a subaru for my dad who drives said crown vic... Unfortunately the bare bonez Impreza models are slow as fuck.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
I think he's a cheapass before a car enthusiast.

Honestly, you could do worse than a Forester as a momwagon. Turbo boxer, AWD, the CVT isn't THAT bad with the drive modes. You wouldn't want to drive it daily, but as something to drive occasionally, it works.

I'm happy that Plac is happy. I will leave it at that.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
They need a non WRX turbo Impreza.

I guess that's what the CVT WRX is for?

Your dad would probably like a Legacy, doe.

But is the resale on the legacy any good doe?

They tend to be the worst of the bunch....

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Yea, but the worst of the best is still better than most.

An Accord might have better resale? I can't imagine your dad would want to go from a Crown Vic to a Japanese compact car. I want to suggest a new Impala since they're so nice, but resale is still dafuq.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yea, but the worst of the best is still better than most.

An Accord might have better resale? I can't imagine your dad would want to go from a Crown Vic to a Japanese compact car. I want to suggest a new Impala since they're so nice, but resale is still dafuq.

Yep... he likes em big... The best choice would be Charger/300s he loves em too... I was just trying to go for something more fuel efficient and utterly reliable.

He drives 25k a year... and would likely drive this thing forever.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
its not 42 months. the price on the contract says 35 months of payments remaining.

i gave you the wrong numbers. the total payments made is $11737. It became $13711 because of my $2000 down.

$1174.49 was my true downpayment.

this car is badass.. i would trade my GTI for it in a second. Its the closest thing you can ever get between a GTI and a Wrangler. You can hear the spool even stock, way more than even a GTI tuned boost. I can't wait for a tune so you can really hear it.

short video coming in an hour

Last edited:

steemax

Go Kart Champion
its not 42 months. the price on the contract says 35 months of payments remaining.

i gave you the wrong numbers. the total payments made is $11737. It became $13711 because of my $2000 down.

$1174.49 was my true downpayment.

this car is badass.. i would trade my GTI for it in a second. Its the closest thing you can ever get between a GTI and a Wrangler. You can hear the spool even stock, way more than even a GTI tuned boost. I can't wait for a tune so you can really hear it.

short video coming in an hour

Can't wait for that vid

McQueen77

Banned
Well it is a killer deal... Remember that crown Vic I have been bitching about... well It needs replacement... I am thinking of picking up a subaru for my dad who drives said crown vic... Unfortunately the bare bonez Impreza models are slow as fuck.

Slower than your egg shoe car? Isnt your car like 0-60 in 11 seconds or something? That's even slower than a 320i brah. "no dude but that TORQUE!"

Ah I see, so PlacMan paid the cap cost reduction.. That's fine though since the residual is such that he'd be in a great place to buy it at lease end. My car on the other hand will be worth about $19k with a residual of $23k. Thanks Obama.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
In4video...also, hell of a deal right there. That residual must be amazing