GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Movie "Drive" - Thoughts/Opinons?

Pryme

Ready to race!
Gosling was really good in that movie even though their wasn't that much dialogue, and the pawn shop/chase scene was pretty sick. I love how it all the sudden turns super gory once the girl gets her head blown off with the shotgun.

nik

Go Kart Champion
I liked the movie too. I was expecting something Transporteresque, but there was more darkness to this movie and the scenes were more old school action/drama/suspense, rather than flashy driving and getting fire hoses to the ballsack (transporter 2).

livefast

Ready to race!
Anyone who thinks this movie is a lot like the Transporter is wrong.

This movie is in its own class. (This is seriously like the first movie I've become a fanboy about)

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Saw it last night....fucking loved it. Cinematography was great, music was right on. Jacket is tits, cheesy as all hell, so juvenile... but can't help but think it is cool.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
can you really stomp someones head in to the point of explosion? LOL

THERES ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT

McQueen77

Banned
can you really stomp someones head in to the point of explosion? LOL

makes sense, no? soul of shoe/boot heal and how ever many pounds of force repeatedly smashing what is essentially soft tissue and some bone.. well, anyway. the ending leaves you hanging but its sort of assumed they will be together if he doesn't bleed to death, so if they do stay together and raise benicio together, will it be like 5 years down the line and they'll be making dinner one night or something and she'll be like, "remember that time you completely caved that guy's face in in the elevator? that was so romantic."

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
No...I think it's quite safe to assume that she isn't going to see the driver any more. There is no real happy ending for the two of them. He gave up a piece of his humanity to help her and the price included her. The final scene with them together was just that...their final time together. When she saw him crush that guy's skull, that was it for her. He changed and she never knew it would happen.

At the same time, they mentioned that they are considering a sequel. Frankly, I find the idea distasteful. It's not a franchise film, but an art house piece.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
wholly crap, you guys really got into this. I just thought it was a b car chase movie. of course I did watch it on crappy flight. maybe I will have rewatch it.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I agree that it is implied that they don't meet again.... also don't feel a sequel is a good idea. Definitely a one off.
Not sure if others felt this way, but I felt while watching it that there were a lot of similarities to Michael Mann's films. At least at certain points. I am ordering it on bluray to put it in the library for sure.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Loved it! Buying it on Blu-ray. Great score and cinematography. I agree with Andy in that it was very similar to Michael Mann's direction style.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I just watched this movie last night with my girlfriend. Honestly i'm surprised, after reading so many good reviews about this movie, I found this movie horrible. Maybe it's me and I don't know how to appreciate a good movie, But this wasn't a "fast pace, action" movie that some critics said it was. In fact I found it the complete opposite. Scenes took "too long" to transition, dialogue was very limited, many scenes left you with an awkward feeling. How is this movie the best movie of 2011? I guess it's all personal preference. I found the movie In Time, and Inception good movies where many critics disliked them.

McQueen77

Banned
its not really supposed to be a fast paced action flick. its more of an art house noir flick. for the reasons you stated not liking it, its not surprising that you didn't like it.