GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The King of Threads!!

RedBeardBeer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Nothing
Alright guys.....so there are about 7000 things running through my mind in regards to my car. I have a long list of things I want to do to my car and was looking for any input on any of the items you guys could provide....links to other threads, recommendations based on personal experience, maybe what order to do these mods (money don't grow on trees haha), even opinion on which manufacturer to use. Also, if you have an opinion on any other items I forgot, bring em on. Time to get to the real reason we are all here...loving our cars!!!!

Here is my list of things and a little about each...

1. Catch Can: so I've decided this is a needed mod. I have it pretty much narrowed down to the Clean Catch from BFI and the BSH Comp. CC. Probably doing this next since it's a wear and tear thing...save the engine now instead of repair later!

2. Pendulum Mount: this is also a necessary mod...after reading all the threads on mounts and how they felt a big difference I really want to stop wasting power through vibration...I think I might go with the BSH mount. It's pretty cheap and highly regarded. I have kind of ruled out the motor mounts. I don't think I will be pushing enough power to need those...thoughts??

3. DV....so I really don't know what to do here...is the Rev D good enough? should I just go ahead with the Forge DV Relo... holy crap. Thoughts??

4. HPFP... this one the is a somewhat down the road purchase. It's expensive and there's a lot of debate about which one to use. I tend to lean towards HPFPUprgrades' DIY pump but haven't fully ruled out APR's. A lot depends on which tune I go with....which leads me to,

5. After all these are done I'm tuning...not gunna go KO4 or BT so this is sort of the end of the road for engine mods for me. I like APR but I'm not convinced they are the best FOR ME (for me being the important part, I don't want to piss off Fan Boi's haha:wink:) I think Unitronic is a very viable option for me...please try to keep bashing down to a min on this one but honest opinions are encouraged.

All in all this is a suggestion thread. I hope people give some good knowledge and don't just be douche's. Please don't troll this thread, I'm really tired of seeing people be dicks. We're here to share knowledge and the love for DUB's!! Also, don't waste your time telling me to go do my research, I have. I just want my car to be perfect so I'm taking it to the nth degree. Thanks in advance for all of your inputs!

-Red
:thumbsup:

RedBeardBeer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Nothing

Now that thats out of the way....down to business!

TSiUG

sleeper...
Catch can-waste of money. Pendulum mount- gets rid of wheel hop. DV- get rev d. Hpfp- get one from either place you mentioned. Tune- get a tune from apr, revo, uni, or Giac....honestly whichever is closest/cheapest. You already have all the hardware u need minus DV/hpfp to go stage 2+. Do it.

Oh and use search button instead of creating the 1 millionth thread just like this.

Car(s)
Subaru
I wouldn't get a cc where you live. I'd just get the pcv fix plate thing. During summer I might drain mine once and it will only be half full. Winter though its about a month per dump, but it is the big tank from forge

As for next upgrade, do a tune. All the tunes are good really, but apr s2 caused me to have fuel cuts... I don't care what arguments that might spark either so don't bother trying to correct me on that.

I wouldn't worry about a dv till the rev c rips. Unless you want to proof your car a little, the rev d is a great cheap choice for stock turbos.

A hpfp is a nice addition for sure, but I don't see it being worth it just for s2+. I'd get it if you plan on going k04 or bigger

TSiUG

sleeper...
I wouldn't get a cc where you live. I'd just get the pcv fix plate thing. During summer I might drain mine once and it will only be half full. Winter though its about a month per dump, but it is the big tank from forge

As for next upgrade, do a tune. All the tunes are good really, but apr s2 caused me to have fuel cuts... I don't care what arguments that might spark either so don't bother trying to correct me on that.

I wouldn't worry about a dv till the rev c rips. Unless you want to proof your car a little, the rev d is a great cheap choice for stock turbos.

A hpfp is a nice addition for sure, but I don't see it being worth it just for s2+. I'd get it if you plan on going k04 or bigger

Do you not have an upgraded fuel pump? If so i imagine that is why you were having fuel cuts. The stock FSI fuel pump is utter garbage.

Pantera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 vw gti
Dv only takes about 20 mins at most and its dirt cheap. Then i would go get tuned. The fuel pump doesnt add that much more power for the money. Id just wait and get it down the road. Dont forget ur follower lol. I just got most of my issues worked out and im going to go apr stage 2 cuz its the closest to where i live. I want to do a catch can but it gets to cold here and i heard they freeze up sum times

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
you said dubs, I am not helping.

this thread is not very good.

Car(s)
Subaru
Do you not have an upgraded fuel pump? If so i imagine that is why you were having fuel cuts. The stock FSI fuel pump is utter garbage.

yeah, i had to when s2 started causing cuts. im not bothered by the tiny increase in power cause im slowly getting to a bt anyways. i just dont think a hpfp is worth it for a k03

RedBeardBeer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Nothing
yeah, i had to when s2 started causing cuts. im not bothered by the tiny increase in power cause im slowly getting to a bt anyways. i just dont think a hpfp is worth it for a k03

I'm confused. It's not worth it for a KO3 but you were getting fuel cuts at stage II??