GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Soooo I'm gonna drive a Boss 302 with 500whp, full aero and slicks at the Pro Solo this weekend! Fuck my FRS.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429937504.056725.jpg

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
A lot of apartment communities and HOAs have those rules.

I think it's less about liability (although that is a fair point) and more about image. Don't want potential renters driving through and seeing some grubby greasy dude with his ass-crack hanging out to deter them.

Definitely one of the things I'm not looking forward to when I get my own place, but thahnkfully I'll be close enough to my parent's house wherever I move to that I can just drive over. Plus I'm sure my mom will appreciate the visits once I'm gone.

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
Also there's a guy locally selling real RPF1's with Michelin Pilot Sports for $600... 17x7.5 ET48. I want them so bad. Should I offer him $500 and then try to sell my Khartoums on CL?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
5x112? You'll need spacers IMO. Guy I know had them and they looked sort of stupid because of being 7.5 wide and high offset.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Here are pictures I took back in 2012. Super sport springs. Sorry they're not closer shots.

They have more aggressive sizes in 5x114.3 but then you either have to run wobble bolts or redrill them.

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
Those look good but yeah, hard to tell the finer detail in those pictures.

Also I'm a bit lower than you were so that plays in to it too.

I already want spacers for my Kharts, they're obviously sunk in the rear but almost flush in the front. Still, a not so small part of me wants to take the rear liners out, fold the fender lip and space out the rears. I'm tucking tire though.

7.5 RPF1s have that concave thing going on too.

Maybe I'll text the guy and see if he'll let me throw 2 on one side so I can get an idea of how it looks on my car. Or maybe I'll just hold out, run the Kharts and get whatever wheels I actually want later and not just buy some cuz they're cheap.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah. His super sports didn't settle as much as mine did. My car is lower than his was haha. Mine was in the background with the black wheels.

Recent picture of mine still on super sports:

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
@G60 I'm still lower than you. tucking about half the tire in the rear and I might just barely tuck front when I'm pointing straight ahead.

Granted I'm on solo-werks coilovers all the way down, but adjusters and such are still in so there's that.

Those wheels are neat though, what are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.