GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I cleaned all the things. Actually, the cylinder heads need a little more attention but I'm 95% done.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
I'm late (returning) to the party. I want to hear about your project.

The diy corner balance ?

16 x $8 walmart bathroom scales

Bought some wood today made 4 platforms 8" tall 2ft long out of 2x12 planks. 4 feet on each.

I had stopped at 8" because all I had brought over here was the 1.5 ton hf aluminum jack, it still came up about 4 inches short. Bought the extra long one with 23" rise tonight, rather than deal with parking the car onto boards and then putting a block onto the jack. May add some more height to the platforms now. Also want to make some better toe plates. Probably use the extra 2x12 and cut out the bottom to fit over turn table and tire bulge then give a bit of a stand.

Just got home with the jack. Tomorrow will be test to see if the setup works. I'm hoping with the platform height I can maybe reach up to turn the perches while on the scales

Gotta say. I'm a bit confused/amazed. Put coils on the frs the other night (kwv3). Down over an inch. My toe is still good?

Are you just cleaning up the heads and dropping back in or having some machining done?

Last edited:

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
I have a question for you race car/performance people.

I'm planning on converting my exhaust to a full V Band setup. I was just wondering what brands you guys recommend.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
I have a question for you race car/performance people.

I'm planning on converting my exhaust to a full V Band setup. I was just wondering what brands you guys recommend.

42 draft designs

Status
Not open for further replies.