GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
And Alonso is a douche nozzle. Didn't he do this same shit to someone else recently? Brake checking mid corner. It was either this season or towards the end of last season. I know he did I just can't remember who, when or where.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Great race for sure. I almost didn't watch it, sure glad Congrats to Sainz on a well driven race. I sure do feel bad for Russell, I hope they fine Alonso and give him a few penalty points on his license. What a chicken shirt move.

Edit....
Alonso receives a 20 second penalty for his brake check of Russell. Seems he lifted 100 meters earlier that any other lap in the race. He deserved a much harsher penalty.

Last edited:

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
At most lifted 50m early.... barely a brake check, he is trying to push him back, get a better exit and defend on the straight. Russell is nowhere near him, its his corner and he can take it as he sees fit, unless its done dangerously... which it wasn't.

Russell went for it, got right into the wake of the car ahead mid-corner and lost it on the dirty air.

The influx of new DTS viewers has definitely changed the F1 audience, this wouldn't have been an issue 5-10 years ago... this is nothing, you should have seen how Senna and MSC would race, you need to race to the limit of the rules, this would have never been a penalty back then. Alonso is racing how its always been, he has been on the grid since 2001.

He got 3 penalty points on his super license, as well as a crazy 20s race time penalty (the highest I have ever seen, apart from that race in Austria were everyone got like minutes of penalties for leaving the track, but defeintly the highest I have seen for a single incident.)

Last edited:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Here is an interesting video that helps explain things a bit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
At most lifted 50m early.... barely a brake check, he is trying to push him back, get a better exit and defend on the straight. Russell is nowhere near him, its his corner and he can take it as he sees fit, unless its done dangerously... which it wasn't.

Russell went for it, got right into the wake of the car ahead mid-corner and lost it on the dirty air.

The influx of new DTS viewers has definitely changed the F1 audience, this wouldn't have been an issue 5-10 years ago... this is nothing, you should have seen how Senna and MSC would race, you need to race to the limit of the rules, this would have never been a penalty back then. Alonso is racing how its always been, he has been on the grid since 2001.

He got 3 penalty points on his super license, as well as a crazy 20s race time penalty (the highest I have ever seen, apart from that race in Austria were everyone got like minutes of penalties for leaving the track, but defeintly the highest I have seen for a single incident.)
this.

its not alonsos fault george got spooked by a 42 year old man lol

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
this.

its not alonsos fault george got spooked by a 42 year old man lol
We get it, you don't like anyone who's not gen x or older.

What Alonso did was very unusual, he himself admitted to making a mistake before the corner which resulted in George getting right up on him in a high-speed corner unexpectedly. I'm not so sure he should have gotten a 20 second penalty and points on his license for the crash, but there was something there more than just "kid got spooked by old man".

He essentially brake checked him in a zone where no-one is braking yet, it's erratic behavior on the track and that does get penalized.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
no i dont like george bc he looks like he doesnt swear and instead says fiddlesticks.

i j ust find it funny he got got by an old man

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Also can we pivot quickly and talk about how stupid Carlos is making Ferrari look right about now?

He's ended in a better position than his Ferrari rival and the guy who is supposed to be taking his seat next year in 100% of the races he's been in so far.

Speaking of Hamilton, he's also ended behind George in 100% of the races they both managed to finish. What a weekend to forget for Mercedes.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Also can we pivot quickly and talk about how stupid Carlos is making Ferrari look right about now?

He's ended in a better position than his Ferrari rival and the guy who is supposed to be taking his seat next year in 100% of the races he's been in so far.

Speaking of Hamilton, he's also ended behind George in 100% of the races they both managed to finish. What a weekend to forget for Mercedes.
Feel like Sainz needs to look really good if he's going to get a seat next year. Ferrari is a good team with a good car and two really good drivers, I think if Carlos is gonna get a seat on a team he can really shine on (RB, Merc, maybe McLaren or AM) he needs to out perform everyone including Ferrari's golden boy LeClerc. Would really hate to see Carlos off the grid or moved to reserve on a different team.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
there is also the chance ferrari themselves are giving him a tiny bit better equipment as well, knowing that hes a very good driver and teams should be looking at him.

the only reason hes leaving is because its lewis, i feel like the team themselves still really like him but when that opportunity arises you gotta do it.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
there is also the chance ferrari themselves are giving him a tiny bit better equipment as well, knowing that hes a very good driver and teams should be looking at him.

the only reason hes leaving is because its lewis, i feel like the team themselves still really like him but when that opportunity arises you gotta do it.
Yeah Lewis to Ferrari should be good especially since Lewis is bringing some engineers over too.

Wonder where Sainz will go tho. Would love to see him take Checo's spot at RB, I know he was rumored to retire last season.