Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
🤔
SmartSelect_20210415-141907_Chrome.jpg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Jesus, your dumb.

Again, federal income taxes are just one of many taxes people pay. Most taxes are highly regressive. Federal income taxes used to be progressive, but they're actually a curve at this point. If you make federal income taxes a flat percentage, you make the tax system overall regressive.

Every post you make shows you don't actually understand anything at even a high school level.
"You're"

Your is the second person possessive adjective, used to describe something as belonging to you. Your is always followed by a noun or gerund. You're is the contraction of "you are" and is often followed by the present participle (verb form ending in -ing).

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
And as an aside, federal income taxes are effectively flat as it is right now, which is why the economy is fucked.

I know Ricky is too dumb to know the difference between a statutory rate and an effective rate, so I'll preemptively dispell his next stupid comment. The effective rate is after all deductions and tax credits.

View attachment 210475
This leaves out the lower 90%, who legitimately pay a lower percent in taxes. The system is progressive, you just want it to be more progressive. And I'm just disgruntled because I'm right at the peak of that curve; not poor enough to get tax breaks and stimulus money, not rich enough to stop working and live that passive income lifestyle.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
This leaves out the lower 90%, who legitimately pay a lower percent in taxes. The system is progressive, you just want it to be more progressive. And I'm just disgruntled because I'm right at the peak of that curve; not poor enough to get tax breaks and stimulus money, not rich enough to stop working and live that passive income lifestyle.
If you include local and state taxes, we're already flat.

Like I said, you have to look at total taxation, not just federal income taxes.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
"You're"

Your is the second person possessive adjective, used to describe something as belonging to you. Your is always followed by a noun or gerund. You're is the contraction of "you are" and is often followed by the present participle (verb form ending in -ing).

When I type you're on my phone, half of the time if switches it to your, unless I'm 100% paying attention, I don't catch it.

Using swipe on a phone to type isn't the easiest. It has a hard time with in and on, of and is, too.

I know yur new here, but the whole grammar Nazi thing has already been exhausted. K