GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Not really. My military strategy studies were in Austria and Germany (one of them was taught by the then current Austrian defense minister, and another by a military ethicist) and this precise topic was hotly debated. We even roped in the Japanese, US and German ambassadors.

While the "ends justify the means" clearly doesn't apply, the popular consensus was that the targeting of civilians, to prevent more civilian casualties does not necessarily constitute a war crime.

It is easy for us armchair historians to debate this, but we weren't sitting in the White House back then looking at projected numbers.

I'm not going to debate "was it a war crime?" because we can't definitively decide this one way or the other.

You can't. And neither can the military establishment. I get that.

That doesn't mean that reasonable people can't easily conclude that, 1. We had other options, 2. The intentional targeting of civilians is by its very definition a war crime. 3. Had we lost, those responsible would have been tried for war crimes, just as we tried axis war criminals.

Sorry, you can sugar coat it, try to justify it, dress that pig up and put lipstick on it. I don't care. It was a, war crime.

Target military targets, kill civilians collaterally. Not not a war crime.

Target the middle of two cities. War crime.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Millions have had it and recovered. We have been intermittently isolating for a year. It's not working and not necessary. We have more suicides than COVID deaths from what I gather.
'The cure can't be worse than the disease'
What about the folks that didn’t make it and won’t make it? Do their lives mean nothing to you?

wtf do u mean the cure can’t be worse than the disease?!? How about folks who can’t fight it off at all? People just out and about is enough to get the more susceptible infected and killed.

your line of thinking is tuned so hard to the right, cobb makes accessports specifically for your model. Shit says maga when u turn it on.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You can't. And neither can the military establishment. I get that.

That doesn't mean that reasonable people can't easily conclude that, 1. We had other options, 2. The intentional targeting of civilians is by its very definition a war crime. 3. Had we lost, those responsible would have been tried for war crimes, just as we tried axis war criminals.

Sorry, you can sugar coat it, try to justify it, dress that pig up and put lipstick on it. I don't care. It was a, war crime.

Target military targets, kill civilians collaterally. Not not a war crime.

Target the middle of two cities. War crime.

Why are you persisting with this? You just what if it to death. We can't change the past. As they say only learn from it.

We didn't target the "middle of two cities" as you said. We targeted two cities period. There was no accuracy with that bomb. Didn't need to be accurate it wasn't that type of bomb.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Why are you persisting with this? You just what if it to death. We can't change the past. As they say only learn from it.

We didn't target the "middle of two cities" as you said. We targeted two cities period. There was no accuracy with that bomb. Didn't need to be accurate it wasn't that type of bomb.

No, we literally targeted the middle of the cities and they managed to hit within 800ft of the exact targeted area.

And again, we didn't actually learn from it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No, we literally targeted the middle of the cities and they managed to hit within 800ft of the exact targeted area.

And again, we didn't actually learn from it.

They didn't hit an area. They exploded a nuclear bomb in mid air. They weren't even sure if the plane that released the bomb could escape the blast.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

Hiroshima was accurate. It detonated 800 feet from its intended targeting point. Well inside the populated city center. Here, this might help.

1607488044625.jpeg

They wanted to level the city with one bomb, and to cause maximum casualties, not hit the military targets in the harbor or near by.

The targeting commissions reports were declassified under Clinton. Worth a read, targeting was more scientific than strategic.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hiroshima was accurate. It detonated 800 feet from its intended targeting point. Well inside the populated city center. Here, this might help.

View attachment 195459

They wanted to level the city with one bomb, and to cause maximum casualties, not hit the military targets in the harbor or near by.

The targeting commissions reports were declassified under Clinton. Worth a read, targeting was more scientific than strategic.

Pretty amazing considering they had no way to drop the gravity bomb precisely like modern guided bombs.