GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
If it's a mystery, how do you know it's the mask?

The mask could simply be coincidental with some other environmental factor.

You can't get sick from wearing a mask for 20 minutes in the supermarket unless you've neglected to wash the mask. People just don't like them and will make up nearly any excuse not to wear it.

I don't like it either, wearing it sucks, but it's the kind of thing that works better if both parties (at risk and not necessarily at risk) wear it.

Damn ninjas!

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Also, if healthy people don't need masks, why do we need PPE at all? Black lung be damned, healthy miners don't get it. Guess they were just unlucky.

Being old is one thing, being sick is another. Don't recall being asked to be brought into existence, don't recall being able to pick how I turned out from a genetic perspective. Seems pretty callous to say "Sorry you were born with a genetic defect, Billy. Tough luck, but since i'm healthy you can go fuck yourself". Paraphrasing here, but it seems along the vein of "If your old and your sick your days are numbered".

Though I don't really understand the logic behind all the anit-mask stuff anyhow. How could additional protections from the unknown be something you don't want? Especially given how under protected we are in quite a few areas when it comes to social health and common prevention.

I also would like hourly updates on your blood counts to prove you are healthy please - This isn't Logan's Run, there isn't a crystal in your palm that will blink when you're infected, and that doesn't even get into the whole A-symptomatic spreading thing.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
There is a big difference between exposing yourself to carbon dust and just walking around normally. I'm not talking about genetic defects...very few people have them and even fewer are born with immune deficiencies. THOSE people should wear PPE if they want to live.
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE ANTI-MASK STUFF???
It's not normal. It's not necessary. It's one step of many that strip our freedoms away. Watch the movie 1984. You want to live in a cage (your home) and wear a muzzle (your mask), that's your business. I'm a FREE RANGE human.
The W.H.O. has already said the asymptomatic don't spread. The CDC says if you're not sick, don't get tested.
FWIW, I get blood tests regularly because of my medical history. 3 years ago I WAS immunocompromised. Not because of genetic defects, but because of the doctor's chemo treatments they recommended. I turned down their 'maintenance chemo' and my immune system grew back. My labs are perfect. But I am very proactive about my health. If I worked in a mine, sure I would wear a mask. But not to live my life, no friggin way.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
So if you are sick, but perhaps pre-symptomatic, you can spread your spit all over the common areas? I'll wear my mask, but I still have to interact with things you mouth breathers interact with. It's bad enough common dust is skin flakes and we all are breathing in little bits of each other normally, but given there is a sickness going around where death is a viable outcome even for the healthy - and we still don't know the long term damage done by the virus on those whom have recovered, you don't think it's wise to cover up because you're exposed to essentially viral "Carbon dust" right now? All common areas are the mine, my friend, i'm sorry you can't see it.

I don't see how being told you can't run around spreading your nastiness into common areas that all people share is taking away your freedoms. You want to run around without a mask? Go live in a cabin in the woods away from things other people use. We all pay for them, we're all entitled to them, you don't get to be special and lick the handrails because you feel like it.

If you think this is stripping away freedoms.. I have to ask.. Are you a Sovereign Citizen? Assuming your USA based that is. I really don't think you understand what true Tyranny is, or how ignorant to what "Freedom" means in the societal sense.

Anyhow, I declare pants to be an infringement upon mauh Freendoms! #BallsOutForCovid

Reactions: WAP

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
See.. that's kinda the problem. How can you prove you asked if you don't remember? Though I suppose random chance also isn't a thing and we're all just running along on strings being pulled by some higher power?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
So if you are sick...
I don't see how being told you can't run around spreading your nastiness into common areas that all people share is taking away your freedoms. you don't get to be special and lick the handrails because you feel like it.
If you think this is stripping away freedoms.. I have to ask.. Are you a Sovereign Citizen? Assuming your USA based that is.
#1 I am not sick. Anybody KNOWS when they get sick. You feel bad, you cough, you're weak, etc. It's not rocket science.
#2 I am not trying to 'spread my nastiness into common areas' or 'like the handrails.' Please. We have all shared the planet for a million years and never needed to wear masks in public. This is absurd.
#3 Sure, I declare myself a sovereign citizen, for what it's worth. Doesn't mean Uncle Sam will recognize it or the people on this board. But I will live as free as I can, as long as I can. Until they put a mask on my cold, dead corpse.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
#1 I am not sick. Anybody KNOWS when they get sick. You feel bad, you cough, you're weak, etc. It's not rocket science.
#2 I am not trying to 'spread my nastiness into common areas' or 'like the handrails.' Please. We have all shared the planet for a million years and never needed to wear masks in public. This is absurd.
#3 Sure, I declare myself a sovereign citizen, for what it's worth. Doesn't mean Uncle Sam will recognize it or the people on this board. But I will live as free as I can, as long as I can. Until they put a mask on my cold, dead corpse.

People go to work with small coughs all the time due to economic reasons, people can mistake their symptoms for something else and think they're fine. You seem very up to date and firm on believing a-symptomatic transfer doesn't happen, A lot of bikers at a recent rally thought so too. How many were recently infected?

We have needed to wear masks, and burn bodies.. and lots of things. You really should read up on disease history for how much you're studying Covid, might help fill in some gaps. Spanish flu would be a good starter.

See.. If you don't understand how to live in a society, this is a moot point. I'd have to impart basic human courtesy and respect on some level as it seems you're so wrapped around your desire to not wear the mask, that you can't see that just wearing for the benefits it provides at the time is a good thing. Though I get the feeling that you feel this is but a small step to some grander scheme?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I didn't think that you would answer the question. And no I don't know exactly what my community is doing for mental health and drug dependency. I know that on mental health calls if there isn't a weapon involved the police aren't generally called. Social services is.

How do you know that?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
It's not normal. It's not necessary. It's one step of many that strip our freedoms away. Watch the movie 1984. You want to live in a cage (your home) and wear a muzzle (your mask), that's your business. I'm a FREE RANGE human.
Also, on the subject of 1984.. That was the one with the animals, right? You kinda remind me of the horse my friend. The Kool-aid taste good while you're Lost in the sauce?

You are the snake eating it's tail by standing up screaming about wearing a mask, it's people who scream about their freedom and refuse to go with the recommended precautions that keep bringing about the need for even more restrictions. You're free to believe what you want, my friend. I played in the sandbox so you could; just remember i'm free to think that your logic is faulty on this topic as well.

Gonna put a pin in this one. Just popped in to have look about.

Edit: That was Animal Farm, my mistake. Though it still plays in the 1984 realm. I think 1984 was the blind spot and the clove vodka with the double speak?

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
DBP 4 door GTI

I've done a decent job staying out of this so far but...

#1: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4327893/ there is a study from 2004 showing we already had data indicating various types of SARS-associated Coronavirus' can take 2-10 days to incubate.
definition of incubation: https://www.cdc.gov/training/QuickLearns/exposure/2.html
Wikipedia noting that someone may or may not be spreading during incubation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubation_period
Let me know if you need a source beyond wikipedia on that one..

#2: examples of you spreading your nastiness that you can't see and don't realize you are spreading:
Just talking in a restaurant is going to fill the air with all sorts of droplet nastiness: https://news.mit.edu/2014/coughs-and-sneezes-float-farther-you-think
a study looking into SARS spread on airplanes determining spread is mostly droplets landing on surfaces and being transmitted (link talks about coughs/sneezes but the info related to droplets floating around applies to prolonged periods of talking as well): https://www.faa.gov/data_research/research/med_humanfacs/cer/media/InfectiousDiseaseTransmission.pdf

#3: gonna go ahead and leave that one there... not touching the sovereign citizen subject with 10ft pole :)

Notice none of the links I posted will have been from post-covid hype. I typically work with pre-covid sources to avoid any of the medias BS nonsense & propaganda. Hard to argue with pre-hoax studies.