GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
these have slowly been popping up in the realm of affordability... i jokingly asked my wife if i could just get one and pretty much got an 'i don't care' - which caught me off gaurd but all of a sudden i'm like holy shit i need an s4. lol
No no no it could be a trap!

let it marinade a little longer. Just in case

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
hard to say man, some s4s with 60k miles are like high 30's, some are low 20's.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
its also fucking hard.

pros:
v6 supercharged
pretty easy 400+ hp/torque on a AWD platform - audi AWD/DSG, not VW.
Super nice car

cons
very hard to find them in manual
i've heard horror stories about modded manuals so it would likely need to be tiptronic
I don't love how they look but they can be made nice

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
If you start fresh, go for it. There are much less lightly used S4s for just a couple of grand more.

I wouldn't buy a project car that's been through multiple owners.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^ also always a factor. but it's an vw/audi, and they just hold up better than most other cars while modded.

there are comps out there for less money, more mileage, but stock.

idk its either i get an s4 and put more money into it to make it what i want, or put another 5k into my car to have ~400whp on a fwd car. It spins through 2nd gear with stage 2! So i'm kind of at a loss.

I'm gonna go check it out though just cause i've never been in one. maybe i'll hate it. lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i'm a stickler for poor grammer in descriptions and crappy pictures not gonna lie.

that said, anyone know of a GOOD deal for an s4?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
yeah he said he has a lot of reciepts and shit. we will see! i'm gonna go check it out. fuck it i got nothing else to do and have done nothing but work nonstop for 2 weeks i need a break lol

i'd say the one i was looking at is right in line, except is a private seller meaning i skip dealer fees, less on taxes, can secure my own financing, which is a win win to me.
the one thats $13,700 actually has 100,000 miles. the 21k car with no pictures has frame damage.
none are manual
1610661764391.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
^ also always a factor. but it's an vw/audi, and they just hold up better than most other cars while modded.

there are comps out there for less money, more mileage, but stock.

idk its either i get an s4 and put more money into it to make it what i want, or put another 5k into my car to have ~400whp on a fwd car. It spins through 2nd gear with stage 2! So i'm kind of at a loss.

I'm gonna go check it out though just cause i've never been in one. maybe i'll hate it. lol
The s4 is the superior platform. Real Quattro is really really fucking good.

I think anything past 300whp on the gti is crazy if you plan on tracking. I’d say stage two on the stock turbo is almost the limit. So what’s that, like 320-340?

with the s4, 450whp isn’t difficult or expensive at all. It won’t track well, the s4’s suspension just ain’t all that in stock form. But it will be compliant with good tires dude. In a straight line however, boost is fucking instant. And the boost is water cooled via laminova cores. The gti has a shit air to air set up

the s4 has real potential to be an all out monster.

edit: positive displacement super chargers > turbo’s

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Anyway.

Fight the power Rickety! The fate of the Earth depends on your actions alone!
Not my actions alone, but I am doing my part.