Tail lights on the '08s

CoolBreeze

Passed Driver's Ed
saw a regular Jetta, they were tinted.. I think it looks good

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
so r32s lost the tint and gtis have it now. so 08 r32s will go, i'm gona DIY gti tail lights.

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
The dealer told me just yesterday that .:R32s have never had tinted tails from the factory, and that it was either an aftermarket option or a 'Euro' option. The new 08's have a 'Euro' option that tints the tails, but only on Golf & Jettas, (Rabbits & GTIs too). He also said he's been selling VWs for a very long time. But then again, he may not have noticed the tinted tails on the older .:R32s. Also, the 07 .:R32 I saw there did not have tinted tails. In fact, the only car on the lot with tinted tails was a regular Jetta, whereas the Jetta Fahrenheit, .:R32 and GTI Farhenheit all had normal (not tinted) tails. Just my 2 cents.

CoolBreeze

Passed Driver's Ed
hmmm. maybe inportant to note, I'm in Canada... maybe have something to do with that, I think all Jettas (GLIs inc.) had them when I saw the new ones roll on the lot

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
yeah there was a laser blue jetta on the showroom floor with tinted tails. it looked sick. why the hell do those get laser blue and gti's dont?

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
Well, these are the only pix I got at the dealer that day:

and:

sorry, none of the tail lights, but what you see here is the front of an 07 Farhenheit where there paint apparently dripped onto the grill right after painting. The second one is a close-up. And before anyone else can say it, I know, I know, the quality is crap but gimme a break, I took it with a razr phone. And of course, I'm :eek:fftopic:

08 rabbit here and mine dont look tinted :confused:

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
yeah there was a laser blue jetta on the showroom floor with tinted tails. it looked sick. why the hell do those get laser blue and gti's dont?

I think you mean either shadow blue or graphite blue...But they only offer those two colors on the 2.5 and 2.0t. Why they don't offer it on the 07 and 08 GLI's anymore is beyond me. They look great.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
spray tint is finally in the mail after a week of b/s with the online company. best choice i can think of.