GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sydney CBD parking is gonna cost double later this year...

Scotty1991

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW Golf Pacific
This is why I get the bus!

Androo

lolwut... ??
Thats why Krudd is giving us the Stimulus package... so he can take money from other places... I didn't vote for him, i don't care.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
This is a State Government issue, not a Federal Government issue. If you read the petition it tells you its for NSW Parliament.

Androo

lolwut... ??
It all filters down somehow and back up.

NSW Government needs $$$$$

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
It all filters down somehow and back up.

There are no magical filters where the cash gets pooled. If it's a State project with Federal funding, both take credit. They make sure if it as they both want credit.

NSW Government needs $$$$$

Agreed. Perhaps all the Pollies should take a pay cut during these hard times. Maybe the money being payed to retired pollies needs to be readdressed as most of them have nice paying jobs on boards due to their political connections. They canned the original North West Metro but spent millions in the process. Some work already started taking place too.

Oh, and the toll on the Harbour Bridge. Like we haven't paid that off!

I could go on for hours.

Last edited:

Androo

lolwut... ??
Agreed. Perhaps all the Pollies should take a pay cut during these hard times. Maybe the money being payed to retired pollies needs to be readdressed as most of them have nice paying jobs on boards due to their political connections. They canned the original North West Metro project due to funds but bought it back with a phase 1 Metro network from the City to Rozelle with future plans to extend it. Geez, there aren't enough transport options for Rozelle to the City already!!? Yes, they're probably crowded, but there are large areas to the North West with 0 public transport options.

Oh, and the toll on the Harbour Bridge. Like we haven't paid that off!

I could go on for hours.

+1 Agree.

Bridge toll should be $1 or even $2 (for maintenance reasons)... But see they take advantage of it because other than the Harbour tunnel, it's the only way to get to the other side. Dirty bastards is what they are. (unless you wanna cruise all the way to Victoria road or parramatta etc)

All that strip, they only have buses, Balmain, Gladsville etc have the worst public transport around. Even buses that come through don't stop because they are already full from Parramatta, Ryde etc ... it's a joke.

Don't forget Hospitals, and our roads suck, parramatta road is shocking, if it rains for 2 days straight... pot holes the size of my head appear on any given road.

Petitions don't help. Governments are all corrupt, state and federal... Look at Krudd for example.. he finally admitted last night the Stimulas package, the $1000 for each child and centerlink extra pays were all a very big mistake, he didn't only stop at that... continued to say that it has put Australia in worse shape during the recession... now he wants people to spend back. So if he didn't hand money out, we would of been a bit better off.

Useless, Liberal ftmfw. This was exactly what Costello and Howard were talking about leading up to the elections... "people want a change" "bored of Liberal" .... have it your way, fucked now aye. I don't know about you, i don't want Mr PM to be my friend, i dont want free money, i work for it.. i want him to do his job and run the country and look after it... but since he's giving it out, thanks I'll put it straight to savings for a deposit.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
All that strip, they only have buses, Balmain, Gladsville etc have the worst public transport around.
I think you're leaving out a huge amount of people in Sydney Metro area that have it far worse. Not everyone has the luxury of living in the inner west. Meaning no bus, no train, no adequate parking at train stations to accommodate those that drive to the nearest station to get in due to the CBD parking situation.

Don't forget Hospitals, and our roads suck, parramatta road is shocking, if it rains for 2 days straight... pot holes the size of my head appear on any given road.
Have you complained to anyone about those pot holes? Contact your local council regarding it. Call them again to follow it up. If it's a State road, they'll tell you what needs to happen from there. I've personally complained about 7 pot holes within my area and poor lighting at a pedestrian crossing near a local school. 4 of which have resolved. 1 of which the entire road was resurfaced for that short stretch.

Petitions don't help. Governments are all corrupt, state and federal.
On some levels, yes. Irrespective of what party. It if's the actions of a certain member, they should be axed without a retirement package IMO.

The biggest reason why nothing gets done is people's apathy. We're all so involved in our own little world, we don't bother to question and get involved. We're all in here bitchin' about APR vs GIAC or Bluefin whatever. If you feel nothing is getting done, press your govt reps. Member or not. Get the f**kers working. That's why they're there.

Useless, Liberal ftmfw. This was exactly what Costello and Howard were talking about leading up to the elections... "people want a change" "bored of Liberal" .... have it your way, fucked now aye.

Do you really think it would have been different if the Libs were still in? You seem stuck between they do nothing, they're all corrupt, yet somehow the Libs have halos. They'd both be rooted in the current GFC. Do you think that in the time frame they've been in they could have constructed this entire situation. LOL! I'd be impressed if they could unite to work that hard to pull something off in that time frame. That's tin foil hat stuff there.

Androo

lolwut... ??
I think you're leaving out a huge amount of people in Sydney Metro area that have it far worse. Not everyone has the luxury of living in the inner west. Meaning no bus, no train, no adequate parking at train stations to accommodate those that drive to the nearest station to get in due to the CBD parking situation.

Have you complained to anyone about those pot holes? Contact your local council regarding it. Call them again to follow it up. If it's a State road, they'll tell you what needs to happen from there. I've personally complained about 7 pot holes within my area and poor lighting at a pedestrian crossing near a local school. 4 of which have resolved. 1 of which the entire road was resurfaced for that short stretch.

On some levels, yes. Irrespective of what party. It if's the actions of a certain member, they should be axed without a retirement package IMO.

The biggest reason why nothing gets done is people's apathy. We're all so involved in our own little world, we don't bother to question and get involved. We're all in here bitchin' about APR vs GIAC or Bluefin whatever. If you feel nothing is getting done, press your govt reps. Member or not. Get the f**kers working. That's why they're there.

Do you really think it would have been different if the Libs were still in? You seem stuck between they do nothing, they're all corrupt, yet somehow the Libs have halos. They'd both be rooted in the current GFC. Do you think that in the time frame they've been in they could have constructed this entire situation. LOL! I'd be impressed if they could unite to work that hard to pull something off in that time frame. That's tin foil hat stuff there.

I don't know if things would of been different, but it's hard to say... Liberal always seem to clear up the mess Labor make... that's because labor are always in when recession hits... funny isn't it. I guess they haven't been given a chance? probably have but before my time.

I just feel that they don't look at the important things.

I respect your views and u have good points... politics is a bitch.

Now the K04, what would your car run down the quarter? :p

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
I don't know if things would of been different, but it's hard to say... Liberal always seem to clear up the mess Labor make...

That's funny I thought it was the other way around.

I guess it all depends on how one defines "mess". :thumbsup: