GOLFMKV

(SYD) Northern Drive Message Board!

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
How is the UB?

Can feel the difference Shannon.

Not as drastic as the the WALK but the car feels more solid and doesn't creak as much. Probaly a 10-15% improvement in terms of rigidity.

The tyres made a much bigger difference. Hardly any wheelspin now and that is the wet.

Went with the Nitto NT-05, cheaper than the P-Zeros by 50% and much better and by all reviews and accounts I've heard so far should last longer than the P-Zeros as well.

Better in-terms of dry grip, same for wet, better feel and less rolling on the edges.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Can feel the difference Shannon.

Not as drastic as the the WALK but the car feels more solid and doesn't creak as much. Probaly a 10-15% improvement in terms of rigidity.

The tyres made a much bigger difference. Hardly any wheelspin now and that is the wet.

Went with the Nitto NT-05, cheaper than the P-Zeros by 50% and much better and by all reviews and accounts I've heard so far should last longer than the P-Zeros as well.

Better in-terms of dry grip, same for wet, better feel and less rolling on the edges.

How much were the Nittos?
Your GTI is no longer a Pirelli.

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
How much were the Nittos?
Your GTI is no longer a Pirelli.

Honestly... I prefer it being a Golf GTI Nitto Edition lol...

$220 a corner fitted and balanced VS $450 for P-Zeros.

I was very skeptical that these are better. But after talking to Dean and doing my own research (which only lead to good reviews) decided to bite the bullet and they do live up to expectations.

Even if they did wear quicker which I doubt, at that price I can go through two sets for the price of one set of P-Zeros and they still offer better grip.

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
$220 is cheaper than PS3s.

Honestly, I think the guy might have quoted me the wrong price maybe for 17s or something. Cause no one was doing it this cheap.

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
What is the thread wear number?

200UTQ - Everything is pointing to these lasting longer than the P-Zeros though despite the tread rating.

Our Pirellis are 220UTQ

The PS3s are 300UTQ though.

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Nitto NT05 TW@200 are quite soft for a road tyre, better suited for the track, if they're the one's I'm thinking of..

Attachments

• nt05.jpg
    nt05.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 193

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
That is the one Rocco.

I got it because everything I've read said it'll last longer than the P-Zeros on the car to begin with. (P-Zeros had 220UTQ). Despite the tread rating.

Still classed as a street tire but up there in terms of track performance. Can't beat the price though like I mentioned I can get two sets of NT-05 for the price of the P-Zeros.

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
That is the one Rocco.

I got it because everything I've read said it'll last longer than the P-Zeros on the car to begin with. (P-Zeros had 220UTQ). Despite the tread rating.

Still classed as a street tire but up there in terms of track performance. Can't beat the price though like I mentioned I can get two sets of NT-05 for the price of the P-Zeros.

No doubt you got yourself a bargain at that price, Dry weather grip will be brilliant.

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
Guys, can you drop in and meet me at PITS?

I feel like a pie in the sky... hopefully the sky will be blue.