GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suggestion for spark plug

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Stock coils?
If so; NGK PFR7S8EG will do. I believe the genuine OE plugs are: 06H 905 601 A (both 1k ohm resistor plugs). These will likely serve you perfectly. I ran OE plugs even with the K04 upgrade with stock coils. Never had any issues until I swapped tunes for one boosting more than 25 psi. I then switched to the PFR7B listed below and ran them with the stock coils (had to reduce the plug gap though). Always better to find a solution to have undisturbed arcing, and the plug having a larger gap. So now I have coil upgrades and I use PFR7B with their 0.028" gap opened up to 0.8mm (0.031").

If not; and the coils are an actual voltage upgrade...and not just "same as OE but w/Red-Tops," then you should run one of the 5k Ohm plug choices. When increased boost and more intense combustion disrupts the arc...causing high rpm lumpy running/misfire feel...also go with a 5k Ohm plug.

NGK Spark Plugs with 5k Ohm;
PFR7B - Platinum - 90k mile life expectancy - 0.028" gap
BKR7EIX - Iridium - 50k mile life expectancy - 0.031" gap

Another option I haven't heard to be a poor choice for a 5k Ohm plug is: Denso IK22 w/0.031" gap (Iridium-30k mile expected life).

Platinum plugs cost more than Iridium__but last longer.
There are cooler heat ranges (replacing '7' with '8') for all of these options except for the PFR7B...should you actually need a cooler plug.