GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subaru BRZ Coupe Review by C&D (brother to the Scion FR-S)

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VOLKSWAGEN GTI
Come to think of it, if it was turbo'd, wouldn't it have the iconic scooby hood scoop?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI

APdubbin

Ready to race!
Haters gon hate.
Ill have one please.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Definitely the three brands Toyota(Scion), Subaru will have more than the entry level of the car,in comparison theFB20 is a nice N/A just like the 4A-GE engine found in the Toyota Trueno was.Once they would be convinced they car will sell, they will launch the turbo versionThey claimed it was not the plan but 4 today's standard forced induction is the way to go,even a supercharger wouldn't be that bad with a D4S injection kicking @ 7K RPM,a cheaper new E46 M3.A lot potential..

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
If the stock 4 piston brakes can't stop a 2700lb car well then they need to be redesigned. Just saying...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
I dont think the 4pots are stock, are they? up front or ? I only recall seeing the option package for 6 pot/4pot front and rear.

More info...

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2131

The juice keeps flowing..............

Some specs from that link:

Chassis
Length: 167"
Height: 51"
Wheelbase: 101"
Weight Distribution (F/R): 53/47
0.27 CD
Front: Macpherson strut
Rear: Double-wishbone

Engine
1,998cc, 4-cyl boxer, direct-injected
86mm x 86mm bore/stroke
12.5:1 CR
7400 rpm redline
200 hp @ 7,000 rpm
151 lb-ft @ 6,600 rpm

Two other things stand out from that information packet:

First, the engine CoG is very low at 18.1". Comparables:
- LFA: 17.5"
- 360 Modena: 17.6"
- FR-S/BRZ: 18.1"
- Cayman: 19.0"
- GTR: 19.5"
- Evo X: 20.0"
- STI: 21.0"

Second, the diagram demonstrating the ideal way to transport 4 wheels/tires for track days. You can tell what the engineers were focusing on. :)

This is the first car in a long time that really excites me. Seems like it was designed from the ground up to be a fun, practical and cheap track car.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
"This is the first car in a long time that really excites me. Seems like it was designed from the ground up to be a fun, practical and cheap track car."

and the stock brake info???

Yeah, this may take the cake for me in a few years as my 2nd car - its newer, its Subaru/Toyota, and all the qualities you listed above make it awesome. It will definitely be on the top of the list if there's a boosted or higher hp version.

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VOLKSWAGEN GTI
I can't wait to see some track times with this car. A good thing about being NA is that I can't buy a shit load of parts to make it faster, like I'm doing with the gti.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I can't wait to see some track times with this car. A good thing about being NA is that I can't buy a shit load of parts to make it faster, like I'm doing with the gti.

ehhh.. that's what everyone says!! lol...

Wheels
Brakes
Cosmetics
Exhaust/Catback

but yeah, i hear ya. DO WANT TURBO THO.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
"This is the first car in a long time that really excites me. Seems like it was designed from the ground up to be a fun, practical and cheap track car."

and the stock brake info???

Yeah, this may take the cake for me in a few years as my 2nd car - its newer, its Subaru/Toyota, and all the qualities you listed above make it awesome. It will definitely be on the top of the list if there's a boosted or higher hp version.

No official word on the stock brakes. Rumored to be 4 pot front, 2 pot rear, but not sure how reliable that info is.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
No official word on the stock brakes. Rumored to be 4 pot front, 2 pot rear, but not sure how reliable that info is.

for the STI version or just base? either way, those kind of brakes on a 2700-2800lb car that costs around 28k is AMAZING. It will stop on a fucking dime.