GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stumbling start (intermittently, so that's fun [still not fixed, apparently])?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yeah, it is interesting. When the dealer diagnosed the N80 and PCV, they explained it as too much fuel vapor getting in there and it needing to burn off before the car will start, which made sense to me. The Vortex thread seems to indicate a similar thing, but actual fuel (hydrocarbons) getting through the HPFP. I've had my valves cleaned, new battery, new N80 and PCV, checked the charcoal canister for fuel, and new coils. I've had both an evap code and misfire codes (cylinders 1 and 4). The car runs strong and doesn't miss a beat while driving. And honestly, this might only happen to me once every couple of weeks, or even once a month, since I am typically commuting to work, it sits all day, and then driving home.

Knowing the timing is important and possible to recreate the condition for science. Anyone know what I should log to try to track it to the HPFP? I only have my assballs ODBeleven (@Diggs24 :ROFLMAO:) available to me at the moment. I can try to recreate this on purpose this weekend and log it.

FWIW, all of my Blackstone tests have come back with no notes of fuel in the oil. Most recent one attached, but it might be just before this issue started to show up.

View attachment 302939
get a dongle and simostools already

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I agree it sucks throwing money away on parts, but it seems even stealerships can't figure this one out...
I've gotten lucky that pretty much everything I've replaced was showing some issues otherwise.

- Battery was almost 5 years old anyway
- Some signs of increased crankcase pressure means the new N80 and PCV doesn't hurt
- Idle was rough, which the carbon cleaning and ignition coils cleaned up

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Sig says stage 2. you tried another file or stock?
Always ran the same tuner since 40k miles stage 1 and stage 2 never had any issues on startup. Tuned by MTM. Why do you say it could be the file? if it is what could it be

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I agree it sucks throwing money away on parts, but it seems even stealerships can't figure this one out...
It seems to be the newest T revision is the only high cost one. I just went down and looked at what came on my car from the factory (confirmed a May 2015 build date on the sticker) and it's the N revision. The N is still available and is $281 at my local dealer haha.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
It seems to be the newest T revision is the only high cost one. I just went down and looked at what came on my car from the factory (confirmed a May 2015 build date on the sticker) and it's the N revision. The N is still available and is $281 at my local dealer haha.
Yeah, you don't need a new Rev. Pretty sure my June 2015 build is on N rev and it's been fine. I even took it apart to go autotech internals then took it apart to go back to stock internals. Still works perfectly.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yeah, you don't need a new Rev. Pretty sure my June 2015 build is on N rev and it's been fine. I even took it apart to go autotech internals then took it apart to go back to stock internals. Still works perfectly.
Found this interesting on the parts dealer page haha.

1712682154979.png

🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO: :unsure:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/116124728548?itmmeta=01HV1X3TJ6RS8RFNVRKB8DPWPA&hash=item1b0992bce4:g:wyEAAOSwGfVmB8ok&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA4Lx95PIB0gwwEHTJ94TJeQiuwh69los+Zv4ZjRz2IB+jMQuCcetX4vT2fbJb1WVR2OLAwilOCF93GzsTg80DfOnS9EndzXUaFXBbS3Z4hY7WIBnKShzjqwmPeVnBiOEuL2i1mnXy3O11ouDxQzpsmT4jyOY8fSlJilVKXnIJDwCKjoV2pao1UsuvWadAZSVFX1t1UekdmQC+Z3726CC5Zg5T6wFG716bWR+iAOQlROHBqBXZ9XsoJ8yHrZp6jbi7si6e45TY6pVcXk6OHifPrc9XHnjhVFE0HUX8o2XHYfk5|tkp:Bk9SR5qpj73YYw

Last edited:

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Quick update.

Over the past few days I've been letting my car sit for timed intervals after my commute (about 30-40 minutes of driving). So far, after 30, 45, 60, and 75 minute "cooling" intervals, the car has fired right up since changing out the coils. I'm not quite ready to call it fixed, but I will be keeping a close eye on it for the next few thousand miles until my next oil change where my indie can take a look if there are any more no-start episodes.