GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strafe Design Shipment Missing....Strafe or USPS Issue?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I ordered a rear diffuser on 20 Aug. It didn't ship until 1 Sept. It hit the Denver USPS sorting facility and then tracking stopped. USPS says it's still "en route" to end address.

At what point do I throw the flag and look for reimbursement? I've already submitted a ticket through USPS and tried calling the sorting facility, but no bueno.

Thoughts?

FloridaNative

Passed Driver's Ed
I would contact the seller. Unless it shows up as in my local post office, I contact the seller before the shipper and let the seller deal with shipping claims. More than a few business days in one location raises flags to me and a week (or thereabouts) is long enough to start asking questions.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
Contact the seller now. They can start the process with USPS to either find the package or file a claim. If they push back or don't respond within a couple of days, dispute with your CC company. You usually have a shorter window to file a dispute than they have to file a shipping claim.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Thanks for the input guys. I'll contact them...I have one guy's email address. If he doesn't respond, I'll go through CC.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Figures, the minute I open a case, I get a notification it's in DC

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
It's a summer miracle... En route for delivery

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Seems to be a common theme with Strafe from what I saw online doing some research about them. Much like ED, it appears to be a one man show and his customer service could use some brushing up. All in all people eventually get what they order and tend to be happy. Strafe is big in the subie world and a lot their forums are constantly talking about slow turnaround and poor communication on his end. Glad you got what you ordered. Looks like a nice piece, have you installed yet? Thoughts?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^ so that would make sense then.

Parts were all on-hand, but are built to order and then given to powder coater (read: more shop time). So anyone looking for a quick turn around, don't. They also utilize USPS shipment to keep costs down, so that would also bolster your comment about a "one-man show". Email was at times spot-on, and at other times non-existent.

Fit and finish are great, just ran into an issue with the bolts supplied aren't long enough. Other than that, so far so good and I like the look without breaking the bank.