GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stolen badge - how to replace and make sure it doesn't get stolen ahain

wondermost

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 GTI
Hi all,
My badge was stolen for the first time here in LA on my 2009 mkv.

Where do I go to get another one and is there a way to secure it so it doesn't happen again?

Thanks!

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Which badge? From VW emblem, GTI on front grill, rear GTI, or rear VW emblem?

If it's either of the GTI emblems, I would thank the thief for doing you the favor of removing them and enjoy a cleaner look on your grill. :)

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Wow you just fell victim to a crime from 1999.

But yeah, what chromecoyote said, it really depends on which badge they took. If they took the front one, it simply twists off so you can glue or epoxy the new badge onto the grill. The rear vw badge clips onto the hatch mechanism so you could glue that as well.

Wow you just fell victim to a crime from 1999.

But yeah, what chromecoyote said, it really depends on which badge they took. If they took the front one, it simply twists off so you can glue or epoxy the new badge onto the grill. The rear vw badge clips onto the hatch mechanism so you could glue that as well.

I hate to say it but for my 07 at least, the rear badge piece is two pieces and is held on with double sided tape. The VW chrome/plastic piece then clips onto that black plastic backing.

wondermost

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 GTI
Hey guys! It was the front VW badge on the grill. The GTI badge was left intact.

Are there some cool things I can put there in its place? I'm happy to also just put a VW badge there again. Right now, there's just a gaping circular hole.

FallenAn9el-- I know!! Lol

goneD4rk

Banned
Hi all,
My badge was stolen for the first time here in LA on my 2009 mkv.

Where do I go to get another one and is there a way to secure it so it doesn't happen again?

Thanks!

buy my badgeless grill. See classified forum.