GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock GTI TSI vs. Eclipse 6-banger

Tadddd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI 2-Door
Newer model eclipse with intake, headers, exhaust. Automatic.

My 2009 GTI w/ 6-speed.

Got my ass whooped from a 50mph roll. I was in 3rd.

Need... stage... 2.

Kiser10

Das Boost
Car(s)
'06 GTI
50 isn't exactly ideal for us either.

how close was it?

Turbostream

Go Kart Champion
yea stage II should be pretty close with a V6 eclipse those things can move. with mods tho i think the eclipse would still edge out

when u go stage II go from a 30 roll u should get the jump and by the time hes inching on you yall prolly will shut down and u be the winner

TSiUG

sleeper...
yea stage II should be pretty close with a V6 eclipse those things can move. with mods tho i think the eclipse would still edge out

when u go stage II go from a 30 roll u should get the jump and by the time hes inching on you yall prolly will shut down and u be the winner

I would hope a stage 2 GTI could pull on a stock v6 Eclipse. The only one i ever raced i stomped him from a highway roll....correct me if I am wrong but dont those things runs mid 14s?

Tadddd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI 2-Door
Well, short of overhauling the engine, this eclipse is about as good as it gets.
He got a car length and then just played with me.

I know that a stage II 2005 Legacy GT (Think: 2009 WRX with a bit smaller turbo) can put about two car lengths on this particular eclipse. And with stage II, i think we put down even higher numbers than even that. At stage II I wouldn't be worried.

Tadddd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI 2-Door
Ya i'v owned the hell out of a new V6 Eclipse with I/E. They are sooo heavy he didn't stand a chance.

Off topic, but how does that Billy Boat downpipe perform for you with the APR tune?

It's the cheapest for brand new that i've been able to find so far.

Off topic, but how does that Billy Boat downpipe perform for you with the APR tune?

It's the cheapest for brand new that i've been able to find so far.

I have the BB downpipe. Awesome sound with the resonator removed out of the catback. The power gains are very similiar for any brand. Doesn't really matter much which you pick up.

D-Rick21

Ready to race!
Stg II+ APR here, and never had an eclipse of any kind come near me.

haha so you've never ran a modded gsx or gst then.
I've never seen what the new V6 eclipses can really do with mods, but coming with about 260hp stock isn't that bad. I know stock they are definitely not as fast as a modded mkv gti (stage 2 or 2+), but I'm sure stock for stock they would be pretty equal.

VMPhil

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI and 73' Mini
them things are nice looking but there BRICKS

Wow you are probably the first person to admit to liking the Eclipse design.

ripped

Go Kart Champion
Owned the new eclipse.it was cool
When it first came out but aftermarket sucks and there's no tuning for it it's a waste

VMPhil

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI and 73' Mini
meh. never cared for the design. Its also really heavy. I have been disappointed in this and the last Gen Eclipse. I guess I miss the old DSM crank walk and all.