GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

STI vs. 350z - STI vs. LS1

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
Kurt and I were heading to a meet at UCF and this 350z turns onto Kurt's main road. I downshift and book it past him trying to get him to play. I hear him get on it so I nail it and put like 8 cars on him. I get a call from my friend at the meet saying the 350z owner said he was pulling me up top:)lol2:)

I come up to the guy at the meet and ask him if he wants to go from a dig, of course not. We tell him to choose his roll and we'll run for 50$, he says he doesn't have any cash but his friend fronts $10, and he asks for a 50 roll. I oblige

1st race-

We start from 50(a SHITTY roll for me) he three honks while I brake boost. Off the gun, I put a car on him and keep pulling, about 4 cars by the time I shut off at the top of 4th.

He wanted to go again, from 60 this time. I put it in 4th so he could have a decent chance but I still put 2-3 cars on him by 110.

Next, Kurt and I decide to go to the Steak n' Shake meet. At first, there is nothing really there, so we go get something to eat and come back. When I came back there was a Firebird Formula with full exhaust etc etc. that wanted to race me I told him sure. I ask from a dig, yet to be denied once again. We decided on a 20 roll and 60 roll.

20 roll - I break boost in 1st, three honk it and take off. I guess he said he spun badly, so he let off.

60 roll - I brake boost in 3rd, three honk it, and take off. pull half a car in 3rd. In 4th I put another car on him with me ahead about 1 1/2 cars at 120mph.

20 roll - Again, I brake boost and three honk it. Dead even through 1st shift to 2nd pull 1/2 in 2nd and another 1/2 in 3rd. I shut off this time at ~110, again about 1 1/2 cars out.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I hate people that lie about outcomes! I've had two people do that to me too.

You're probably putting out 60-70 more at the wheels than the 350z. That's just mean.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Trevor, no disrespect, but how is it that you only put max about 4 lengths on a 350Z from a roll? Shouldn't you have destroyed a 350Z?

Four car lengths is pretty well destroyed. From a dig it would have been far worse.

Btw.. what is the standard conversion.. is it..

4 cars = 1 bus length?

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
Four car lengths is pretty well destroyed. From a dig it would have been far worse.

Btw.. what is the standard conversion.. is it..

4 cars = 1 bus length?

Yeah I put a bus on him, if I had kept going it would have been a LOT worse.

Nikerey

Darkness
its something our cars cant do, he holds the brake and hits the gas before a race from a roll. This causes the car to need more gas to go the same speed thus making more boost. Thus when he lets off the gas he has less time to full boost making him faster. Our cars will ignore the gas after about a second or two with both feet on the pedals.

i guess we could do that with our ebrake but im not sure how safe that is.

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
its something our cars cant do, he holds the brake and hits the gas before a race from a roll. This causes the car to need more gas to go the same speed thus making more boost. Thus when he lets off the gas he has less time to full boost making him faster. Our cars will ignore the gas after about a second or two with both feet on the pedals.

i guess we could do that with our ebrake but im not sure how safe that is.

Dan, please don't try doing it with the E-brake!!! I love you far too much.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Lmao!

Geesevs

Interior > Horsepower
Car(s)
07 GTI
I hate people that lie about outcomes! I've had two people do that to me too.

You're probably putting out 60-70 more at the wheels than the 350z. That's just mean.

did you see his dyno? He is running much more than that. Plus why would he lie? I mean he wears a helmet when he races...

tharsis

I <3 VAG
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Not trying to be a douchebag prick, but where is the MKV content? If I wanted to read about STI kills, I would go to a Subie forum.

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
Not trying to be a douchebag prick, but where is the MKV content? If I wanted to read about STI kills, I would go to a Subie forum.

The title says it all, if you don't want to read about it then don't.

They ban you if you post kill stories on suby forums :laugh:

damo

Oval Newbie
You obviously can't read because if you read the title you wouldn't be here right:iono: