GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stg 2 GTI vs previous gen Altima 3.5

i take 3.5 altima sedans...i took a coupe once from 45-100 and then he started catching up but he had what looked like 19" heavy chrome rims...my bro has 1, imma see what its got from a 40 roll lol...good kill

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
What a waste of forum space

If you don't like this section, why are you posting in it?:threadjacked:

i take 3.5 altima sedans...i took a coupe once from 45-100 and then he started catching up but he had what looked like 19" heavy chrome rims...my bro has 1, imma see what its got from a 40 roll lol...good kill

Yeah they're pretty quick for sure. I mean it has the VQ35 lol.

forzajuve

Forza Azzurri!
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
See? I like the 4x4 look :)

I want people to think: "Gee that new VDub SVU surely was fast!!!"

If it wasn't that I need sticky tires I would consider some all seasons tires like for the Allroad.

Good race though. He was asking for it....

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
he was automatic, and you only beat him by 1/2 a car as a stage II?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
he was automatic, and you only beat him by 1/2 a car as a stage II?

Might've been more like I said. I wasn't really paying too much attention to him since he was behind me the whole time. And I didn't launch agressively like he did. I took off WOT by the time I was in 2nd gear. They are 250hp and only weigh 125 more than our cars (3275). And that 5 speed auto is a pretty responsive transmission from what I recall in a 2006 Maxima rental my dad got one time.

The gap would have gotten larger, but we both let off because it was a bad area to be doing this in the first place.

kyle

Go Kart Champion
I've played around with a couple 3.5l Altimas before but nothing substantive. I've wondered how a stage 1 GTI would fare against one.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Stock for stock they should be pretty even in the quarter mile at least. I've been reading that they run 14.6's to 14.7's between 94-96 which is right where a stock GTI is. From a roll, we probably have the advantage since our cars do pretty well from rolls. I couldn't tell you for sure though since we went from ~5-65.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
theres a kid around the corner that always tried to race me. he'd come by and make a lot of noise with his maxima 3.5 i think. their all shit to me so i cant really remember.. one day we were going from a county road on this on ramp to a bigger 3 lane highway. i see his ass trying to come pass me, throw it into sport and floored it. i think his car blew up or something cuz i couldnt see him in my rear view anymore lol.

shut his dumb redhead ass up.. this guy seemed ok but i got a lot of maxima/altima owners by me that are just complete assholes and think their so cool. gotta put them in their place sometimes

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
theres a kid around the corner that always tried to race me. he'd come by and make a lot of noise with his maxima 3.5 i think. their all shit to me so i cant really remember.. one day we were going from a county road on this on ramp to a bigger 3 lane highway. i see his ass trying to come pass me, throw it into sport and floored it. i think his car blew up or something cuz i couldnt see him in my rear view anymore lol.

shut his dumb redhead ass up.. this guy seemed ok but i got a lot of maxima/altima owners by me that are just complete assholes and think their so cool. gotta put them in their place sometimes

Oh yeah. I was just cruising on a 2 lane highway once with my buddy in the car and my windows were rolled down. Out of no where, I hear this loud ass intake and it scared the shit out of me because I wasn't expecting it. It ends up being the previous body style Maxima 3.5L automatic. I'm like, "Really?" I just let him go because I wasn't in the mood to deal with it.

I guess the Altima guy was cool and nodded back which I'm fine with. But yeah, there are some guys out there that feel they need to rev at anything to get attention. Around here, Grand Prix GTP's are imfamous on doing that, while going the opposite direction. Did I miss something? Why in the hell would you rev at a car that's going the opposite way?!

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
my next door neighbor had a g37 but it got lemoned.. he has some clown friends. one kid with a mustang gt which is actually a beast. the rest of his friends are idiots. the kid with the altima/maxima whatever it is and one day he tried to impress me and punched it out of his friends driveway, lost control and drove up on my other neighbors lawn. i just sat back and laughed as this kid ripped his entine front and rear bumpers off.

he tried to race me awhile back and a light on a 2 lane road.. i looked at him and simply said, nah man i already beat one of those. im good.