GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering wheel & Sat radio presets

Dub Factor

Jagshemesh!
I tried a search to no avail. (and I tried the manual) Anyway, I'm having a hell of a fight with my steering wheel controls of the Sat radio(sirius) presets. When I push the arrows on the steering wheel, the stations jump around and do not follow the head unit presets. It always sends me to channel 66 when I press the up button. What am I doing wrong?

Pete

davesee

FIA GT Champion
thats really strange.. do you have only the preview channels available?

or is it completely activated? I ask because I had to call sirius myself to activate mine

Dub Factor

Jagshemesh!
I have all of the stations working fine on the headunit, which does have navigation if that makes a difference. The presets work fine on the unit itself, but there is no rhyme or reason to what stations the arrows on the wheel take you to...

davesee

FIA GT Champion
alright.. that definately doesnt make sense, and is not supposed to happen. I would bring it to the dealer.

do the steering wheel buttons function normally otherwise?

if so, its gotta be the head unit malfunctioning. at least thats what my logic says

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I have Sirius and it will only go from preset to preset. I wish it would go channel by channel. I looked in the manual also and couldn't find anything.

The head unit is also slow as fuck to display the station and song info. I'm talking like 3-5 seconds, somewhere in there. When I had XM it was instantaneous.

Dub Factor

Jagshemesh!
MHS216 said:
I have Sirius and it will only go from preset to preset. I wish it would go channel by channel. I looked in the manual also and couldn't find anything.

The head unit is also slow as fuck to display the station and song info. I'm talking like 3-5 seconds, somewhere in there. When I had XM it was instantaneous.

So, your arrows correlate directly to the your presets? That would be ideal. Maybe it has something to so with the nav.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
yes they correlate with the presets. I only have like 6 presets though, so it's not exactly hard to just press the preset button on the deck.

I "song surf" a lot so I would rather be able to scan through all the rock stations or all through the hip-hop stations etc. just by using the wheel buttons.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
guys give me 2 minutes and i will have an anwser for u if it possible to go from presets to one channel at a time...BRB!

EDIT: ok guys im back and i have some info...now i have all 18 Sat presets filled up on my radio...so when i just hit the up arrows on my steering wheel it goes through all my presets

now...if u hold down the arrow keys either the up or down for a couple seconds...it will switch the channel to a non-preset channel

so that helps out some of u....but for the people that hit the up or down arrows and it goes channel by channel....i dont know how to help ya....i tried a bunch of things while in my car

Last edited:

Dub Factor

Jagshemesh!
Thanks, Freek.

I got it to go channel by channel, so thats a start. My category was locked in on "Rock" so the arrows would just go to the next rock station. Changed to "all" and now have full channel list.

Thanks all.