GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering Wheel Light and Traction Control keeps popping up!

09FrostWhiteGTI

09FrostWhiteGTI
Car(s)
2009 Volkswagen GTI
Hello guys so just recently I was driving my 2009 Volkswagen GTI to work, when I suddenly got the Steering Wheel Light and Traction Control Light turn on and stay like that. So I quickly decided to stop and restart my car, luckily it turned off so I felt a little better:lol:. Then I continued to work and it turned on 3 times like that again, and I noticed its when I turn or steer into a turn really fast and sharp. So the next day, going to work, I decided to test if it would turn on again if I just drive normally into turns without any crazy turns, and it didnt turn on?! So driving back from work I decided to test it out again and it looks like everytime I turn sharply left the Steering Wheel Light and Traction Control Light or ESP Light would turn on and stay on until I turn off my car, but not when sharply turning right? Could anyone help me figure out what this could be?, because its really getting on my nerves when those lights keep coming on. I cant even enjoy driving around spiritually when I am hitting the corners anymore. What could this problem be?? Thanks

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
You need a VCDS scan. I figure steering wheel position sensor or ABS wheel sensor. And make sure you don't have a very low tire.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

09FrostWhiteGTI

09FrostWhiteGTI
Car(s)
2009 Volkswagen GTI
It sounds like maybe the ABS/ESP fault that all 09 GTI have. If you are out of warranty, you will want a new ABS module/controller. Check this thread:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151505&page=16

Ya but the ABS doesnt light up, its the steering wheel that does. So how could it be a ABS fault, I honestly dont think I need the ABS module. Yes I do have a extended warranty because I went to the dealer to change my intake manifold and clean the valves, and the intake mani was covered by Warranty. Only have 55k miles

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
You said traction control light, that is the ESP program which is part of the ABS. It is possible you have something else going on, maybe steering angle sensor. Just letting you know many of us get lights/chimes from the ABS. You should definitely scan the car or take it in if it's covered.

09FrostWhiteGTI

09FrostWhiteGTI
Car(s)
2009 Volkswagen GTI
You said traction control light, that is the ESP program which is part of the ABS. It is possible you have something else going on, maybe steering angle sensor. Just letting you know many of us get lights/chimes from the ABS. You should definitely scan the car or take it in if it's covered.

Yes it's covered but the thing is I got a intake and custom exhaust which I feel might void that warranty

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
It shouldn't.