GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

starting to disslike my gti...

dirtykoala

Ready to race!
i picked up my then-brand-new GTI in Aug. 09. i now have 5,450 mi +/- on it. So far i have had a steering column comm failure, they replaced something major, forget what it was, ive had an ignition failure, ignition (in steering column, not the spark plugs or wires) was replaced, my windshield wipers were crap, they didnt wipe anything, warranty replaced, my AC takes forever to get cold, "operating per manufacture specs", now its in the shop again, dropped it off this morning after another EPC light, they havnt done anything to it, dont know what the issue is, dont know how long it will be in the shop.

i had so many things i wanted to do to the the car, but seeing as how it cant function stock, i dont think i will be doing anything to it. i really just want it gone so i can get a motorcycle.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
I assume we're talking about a MKVI here? The first model-year of almost all cars are horrifically problematic. That's why you wait for year 2 or 3. Sure, you're not the first one on your block, but yours will be better due to revisions.

dirtykoala

Ready to race!
the other thread in this section reminded me, the inner lenses of my tail lights get water in them when i wash my car, VW said its not a problem and they cant do anything about it.

oh, and they gave me a loaner jetta 2.5... WTF

dirtykoala

Ready to race!
I assume we're talking about a MKVI here? The first model-year of almost all cars are horrifically problematic. That's why you wait for year 2 or 3. Sure, you're not the first one on your block, but yours will be better due to revisions.

no. mkv, i was gonna wait for the mkvi, but i have your same logic, and figured that the last model year would of the mkv would probably be better than the first model year of the mkvi. WRONG.

Aggressor

UGly
I figured you were talking about the mkVI as well. How did you buy a brand new GTI MKV in Aug of 09? Unless it was sitting on the lot for a while....