GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 Mkv vs Stage 2 Mkv

thomas_mkvgti

Car(s)
2007 GTI
Ill start off by telling what mods both cars have-

My Mkv is APR stage 2, has a Eurojet blowoff valve, Eurojet turbo back, Eurojet cold air intake, Golf R intercooler, and is lowered on coilovers, on Alzor 881s.

The other guys car is a Mkv Fahrenheit, APR stage 2, Forge twintake, Forge blow off valve, and APR turbo back, cambered, and on aftermarket wheels.

So I was on my way home from class in the morning and I pulled up to a light on a open stretch of road that is pretty straight. I look in my mirror and in the traffic behind me I see a gray GTI (all stock). I was distracted and looking at it but I turned to my side right before the light turns and there is the Fahrenheit right next to me. The light turned and we both hit it a little and realize that the other will race. Once we got across the intersection I put my car into sport and hit it, he did the same. We were dead even from 30-95ish and then we slowed down so we could turn through the next intersection. I had to turn to go to work but gave him a friendly honk. He later found me on Instagram when my car was featured on a Mkv page and we talked about our mods. I was so amazed that another Mkv actually raced (no VWs around me ever race) and that is was so even the whole time. Anyways that was probably my favorite race I've been in just because it was so synchronized and even the whole time.

Prana

Since 88'
Not really a shock. Two stage 2 Gti's with the same mods and same tune (stage and company)should be dead even.

thomas_mkvgti

Car(s)
2007 GTI
Plans

Ya should be dead even. Not really heavy mods.

What're your future plans?

I was surprised at first because I didn't know his mods. Now I'm not lol.

But I don't really have any future plans for my car right now. Its my daily so I don't want to put anymore money into it unless I get another car. Even if I wanted to got to stage 3 or anything like that I'm a college student so I have no money.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
I live in Fredericksburg....what's your GTI look like? and was this the GTI you raced?

was this the GTI you ran?

And where, pray-tell did you find a stretch in Fred-vegas to hit 95???

I've got a pretty modded MKG GLI, UG, with roof racks, if you see me, try to keep up ;)

thomas_mkvgti

Car(s)
2007 GTI
I live in Fredericksburg....what's your GTI look like? and was this the GTI you raced?

was this the GTI you ran?

And where, pray-tell did you find a stretch in Fred-vegas to hit 95???

I've got a pretty modded MKG GLI, UG, with roof racks, if you see me, try to keep up ;)

Yes it is! The guy was really cool, we talked on Instagram.
It was on south point parkway early in the morning lol. Hopefully ill see you around and we can go, my MKV is all black you can't miss it.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
Yes it is! The guy was really cool, we talked on Instagram.
It was on south point parkway early in the morning lol. Hopefully ill see you around and we can go, my MKV is all black you can't miss it.

that's my buddy Jeremiah...he's my tattoo artist lol He's a really cool guy haha. I'm sure I'll see you around sometime! 2DR or 4DR?

Also, you are ballsy as fuck to race on that road haha...Spotsy cops show no mercy to street racers, and that's right up the road from the courthouse...lol

thomas_mkvgti

Car(s)
2007 GTI
that's my buddy Jeremiah...he's my tattoo artist lol He's a really cool guy haha. I'm sure I'll see you around sometime! 2DR or 4DR?

Also, you are ballsy as fuck to race on that road haha...Spotsy cops show no mercy to street racers, and that's right up the road from the courthouse...lol

Ive never been pulled over for anything so hopefully that will continue haha.

Its a 2DR, it has black Alzor 881 wheels, and I have a lowered lifestyle sticker on the back window! Im going to be going to car meets and cruising around with my friend who has a nice mustang tonight so keep an eye out lol