GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 mkv gti vs camaro rs

gbkoen01

Car(s)
Mkv gti
Saw an old acquaintance from high school (whom I'm not particularly fond of) the other night while out with some friends. He drives a bone stock camaro rs and thinks hes the shit when he pulls on corollas in his "fast" American muscle v6. So I asked if he wanted to line up with my gti (intake, dv, downpipe apr stage 2). He didn't know that I had any mods at the time and was more than ready to race as he truly thought he would pull. I had two other passengers he had only one. We ran from a dig and a 30 roll. I don't have a video of it, but I'm sure you all can already predict the end result, I put bus lengths on him both times and it was a great feeling. I enjoyed putting the hurt on a dbag from high school :biggrin:

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
LOL....sometimes nice to put people in their place.

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Reality check. :biggrin:

mkvsao

alcoholic just like mygti
Car(s)
2007 mkv gti
Especially when they call your car an "egg" (I have a candy white GTI) and I smoke them. Has happened to me before XD.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
that modern v6 maro makes what, like 300hp? but the body so f**kin heavy that the standing acceleration prob takes forever. it would pick up on the freeway tho.

Boosty

Ready to race!
Especially when they call your car an "egg" (I have a candy white GTI) and I smoke them. Has happened to me before XD.

Lmfao
Gotta love my protein :thumbsup:

Eric6014

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2 Door 2008 GTI DSG
I would loved to have seen that go down... I don't know much about chevys but this had me curious. Apparently the RS is nothing but an exterior appearance package with the same V6 as the base model. 323bhp, 278 lb/ft. Technically I should be able to smoke one with my 250bhp stage 1+... MKV FTW.. :biggrin:

OP, are you DSG or MT?

gbkoen01

Car(s)
Mkv gti
Pretty sure stage 1 will still pull :thumbsup: and my mkv is MT

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
but GTI's dont have traction in 1st or 2nd, the camaro is RWD, so traction will be better, but still heavier, prob even slower then my R32?

gbkoen01

Car(s)
Mkv gti
We get traction just don't dump the clutch at 4k rpms ;). For this race I launched at around 2,200 rpms

Boosty

Ready to race!
After reading this thread I tried this out , a camaro did try to cut me off on the highway last night on my way home from work , down shifted to 3rd and I did begin to pull away but he was next to me the whole time..I think he may have floored it after noticing I wasn't letting him pass me that easy..

Gotta say didn't think that was possible, I have found BMW xi's to be tougher to stay with then that camaro was..although this wasn't a legit race