GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ss springs

gti dude

she's a Ryder
quick question about the h&r supersports. can they be ran on the stock shocks or will i have to upgrade them at anytime

MEGADIRK

LegoStarWars
Car(s)
MKV GTi
You can run them with stock shocks, but the stock shocks were not made to go that low. I'm going to be puttin' in the SS here in a few weeks and decided to go with some bilsteins for the replacement shocks. It's either that or go with H&R's Sport Cup Kit, then you have have shocks made for that spring set. On average they are about $700-750 either way you go and will be worth the money in the long run.

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
if its any help:

im running on Vogtland 50mm drop springs right now.

Their about the same as the SS Springs. The stock shocks are fine right now, but I know that down the line, their going to blow out. Which is why I bought the springs as a temp. item. I have D2 Coils that are waiting to be put on right now, and I will put them on this week sometime.

So if your looking for a temp fix, there's nothing wrong, but don't expect the stock shocks to last you.

maxmonster

Account Suspended
Car(s)
VW GTI
i have super sports and stock shocks. its been 9k shocks are still fine, but i dont wanna risk blowing one out. thats why im getting fks before the new year.

ride is kinda bouncy but its def livable.

sik tl

Ready to race!
i have super sports and stock shocks. its been 9k shocks are still fine, but i dont wanna risk blowing one out. thats why im getting fks before the new year.

ride is kinda bouncy but its def livable.

do you have the 2 inch drop H&Rs?