GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sputtering issue

fast450

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post to the forums. I am having an issue with my fast. At high rpm my car is sputtering. I know for a fact it isnt the whole fuel pump being under powered problem, because it just started happening. Is it possible that i have water in my gas? I have searched the forums to no avail. I am stage 2 with an intake, dp, and pcv fix. I replaced the cam follower a couple of months ago. I also got my coil packs replaced last week b.c. of the recall. It wasn't doing this before. I am not throwing a CEL either so it's not a misfire... Any ideas what i should start looking into? Should i go back to the stealership and have them look into the coils?

fast450

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
I dont have access to a VAG Com... I'm at a half tank. I'll fill it up soon and see what happens. Thanks

vagike

Which tune?
What intake?

Just a DP on stage 2, i thought you need a full exhaust upgrade for stage 2?

When you say before... do you mean before Stage 2 or going for recalls?

who do you usually get gas from?

fast450

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
Apr stage 2
neuspeed p-flo

It wasn't happening until i got my coil packs replaced for the recall issue. I havent had any problems with the tune i have the resonator delete and catless ATP dp.

I went to Gulf gas up the road from my house the other day before the recall and it wasnt acting up. Maybe they are scooping up the oil in the ocean in the gulf of Mexico and selling it? lol I usually go to Hess though.

fast450

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
This is still an issue. I filled up today at Hess and I still have the issue. Anyone know how to test the coil packs?

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
check spark plugs, have u ever changed them, most people do it eveyr year but i do mine every 6-9 months just to be sure im not running on fouled out plugs

fast450

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
check spark plugs, have u ever changed them, most people do it eveyr year but i do mine every 6-9 months just to be sure im not running on fouled out plugs

Joe,
If it was a plug would i be getting a CEL? I dont think it's a misfire.. My misfire monitor is ok and i dont have a CEL. Plugs were changed about 5 months ago.

fast450

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI

Joe,

It ended up being a plug. It's weird how my cel wasnt showing a misfire. It was only at high rpm so the plug was firing then it must have been dying out. Thanks!