GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM Full engine mount Review and Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood

Ready to race!
I have a full stage 1 BFI setup as well. NVH cannot be escaped when stiffining everything up, but that being said the added vibrations are totally managable. Word of advice though, if you swap for aftermarket mounts change any of the original bolts if they are reused. That really helps with lowering any vibration you feel in the car.

tman1

Ready to race!
Grambles has the full BFI stage one setup and has zero issues with NVH.

Hoping this will be the case

In traffic too?? I've heard that BFI are probably the worst when it comes to NVH.

Like Wood said, if you're going to stiffen up the mounts, it's impossible to truly escape NVH issues.

I guess with NVH being a subjective issue like exhaust sounds, you really gotta try it personally to see if it fits the bill.

A_Bowers

I have a full stage 1 BFI setup as well. NVH cannot be escaped when stiffining everything up, but that being said the added vibrations are totally managable. Word of advice though, if you swap for aftermarket mounts change any of the original bolts if they are reused. That really helps with lowering any vibration you feel in the car.

Agreed on the bolt thing. I did that with my spring install and I'm very pleased with the results.

SPM included all grade 8 bolts ans new hardware in the kit so that will not be an issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Wood

Ready to race!
In traffic too?? I've heard that BFI are probably the worst when it comes to NVH.

Like Wood said, if you're going to stiffen up the mounts, it's impossible to truly escape NVH issues.

I guess with NVH being a subjective issue like exhaust sounds, you really gotta try it personally to see if it fits the bill.

I think BFI probably have the least amount of added NVH. The durometer used by BFI is relatively low compared to BSH, VF, and SPM. This is by no means a plug for BFI's products though. If I had the opportunity I would purchase another product, just because I disagree with BFI's business practices and customer service, both are pretty shitty.... However, I already had the full set of mounts when stuff starting going downhill with them..

end rant. Back on topic...

aw6141

Go Kart Champion

The mkv gti I road with as passenger with bfi stage 1 mounts weren't too bad at all with the vibrations. Honestly I found the leather passenger seat more uncomfortable, it was piercing my back the whole trip

Wood

Ready to race!
The mkv gti I road with as passenger with bfi stage 1 mounts weren't too bad at all with the vibrations. Honestly I found the leather passenger seat more uncomfortable, it was piercing my back the whole trip

My BFI's pass the gf test so they're A O K in my book, that being said I would love to give the SPM's a try if I could find a buyer for the gently used BFI's...

DonC@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Bowers - Thank you for taking the time to post up your initial review. We all look forward to reading the full detailed review.

The installation guide will be linked to the product page very soon.

Quick note - the hardware is class 10.9 and 8.8.

A_Bowers

Bowers - Thank you for taking the time to post up your initial review. We all look forward to reading the full detailed review.

The installation guide will be linked to the product page very soon.

Quick note - the hardware is class 10.9 and 8.8.

Will do.

Thanks again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!
Price?

A_Bowers

Status
Not open for further replies.