GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spark Plugs

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I am due to replace my plugs and I am going with NGK, however I need confirmation on which plug I need to go with. I am not chipped, still on stock software.

I have searched and came up with NGK Iridium IX BKR6EIX #6418. Are these the plugs I need since I am not chipped? I understand BKR7EIX are one heat range colder, and are only for use with chipped cars.

I am just looking for someone to confirm this before I hit that buy it now button...

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I'm modded and have the stock heat range with no problems, even on hot days.

FliGi7

Ready to race!
The BKR6 line is the correct heat range. However, don't go with Iridium. It's a waste if you have half a brain and can take 10 minutes to change the plugs every 30k on your own. Go with the regular copper NGK's BKR6E. I have had nothing but excellent results with the NGK copper's in many vehicles, and so have others.

Side note, make sure you properly gap them, regardless if they come pre-gapped as they can get jostled around and change the gapping.

skateboy918

Ready to race!
i know the DIY saids 0.030" but i'm almost 100% positive the OEM STOCK gap is 0.032" (i have 4 OEM i took out at 15k and just measure them to be all 0.032", plus on ngk.com, the OEM replacement are also listed at 0.032")