GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sounds like APR is Going Down

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I hear it was NEEK@APR.

If you do not want pictures on the internet, don't post them on the internet.

Ridiculous.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
So glad I didn't get an APR tune.

My main concern was the type of shops selling their tunes.APR seemed to give zero fucks about who was installing their software.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Now I won't buy anything APR because their employees and associates of employees are tremendous douche bags as far as I can tell.

Censorship. Aw hell naw.

Jaber

Modero
Hopefully things will get cleaned up and progress will be made.

I like how on FB they trashed REVO by posting two videos of them going against their MK7 Golf R tune (Revo launched late) and an R8 REVO that apparently was having issues. Yet they claim the post wasn't made to be a "VS" :iono: Why even mention "look at the mirror" then on the R8 video :iono:

Although by the time slips I've seen, APR MK7 R seems a bit faster than REVO's MK7 R.

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
A race prepped R8

Just don't ask about the payments. They're cashflow positive so obviously payments are taken care of.

I thought this was a valid response on Tex:
Yes APR is now cash available, because Mangrove injected capital. And I'm assuming Mangrove would like to see a return on the investment. If someone wants to suggest APR is cash flow positive seperate from lets say the racing programs and jets, then why remove the management as well? Why continue with the downsizing if the core business was doing so well?
snip
But these lame self promoting announcements APR is known for, up to and including the recent "APR is revolutionizing the tuning industry" announcement revealing the oh so amazing ODB flashing announcement is just the latest in a long line of BS press releases. Like "only APR engineers up to OEM standards" wtf? Or the releases touting APR as acknowledged leader in tuning?

This is nothing but an internal document to keep workers from panicking and running out for dealership technician jobs or seeing if REVO is hiring.

You want to run a tuner successfully? It's all about the cheap marketing. Forum posts, YouTube videos, asking for people to volunteer for beta software (and NOT friends of employees but rather, lottery it out to forum members on the stipulation that they are willing to go a month without their car and you're not liable for engine damage). Minimize your overhead costs.

No more fucking jets and champagne.

I agree with the statement that "owned by car guys, for car guys" is a bad way to run a business. You're surrounded by too many products you want to use. I'd trust a CEO running a tuning brand that drives a Corolla and used to manage a software startup over some former enthusiast who successfully peeled software tuners away from other companies and drives a tuned R8 himself.

I remember back when I had a Corolla there wasn't a lot of aftermarket support. This guy took out a bank loan and made a manufacturing deal with a brand to make cold air intakes for Corolla's. He even applied for CARB exemption in California and dyno testing. They were like $189.99 and people were pre-ordering loads of them. It was a smart idea and initially it looked good. Unfortunately the guy who started that brand, Sean, was into cars as well and also drove a Corolla. So his eyes lit up with all the parts he had and he just started throwing stuff into his car. Probably $20,000 went into his car which doesn't seem like a lot, but it's monumental when 100 people who paid $189.99 for an intake never got their intake shipped to them. He shipped out like 20 and then he just shut down.

He wouldn't even reply to forum posts. So all in all, it's good if your technicians, tuners, engineers and sales people are fans of your products but it's potentially a disaster when your executive management is.

"Never get high on your own supply."

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
20k into a corolla? Link or pics please

Man, you know... I wish I could dick that deep into my past. We're talking 12 years ago. I was like 16 at the time.

I don't even remember the site. All I know is a lot of us got fed up with being scammed so we started VVTi.net, I was one of the first moderators. And then the site owner just sort of gave up.

But we all went to VVTi because the guy who scammed other people had like a list of 30-40 people he scammed, he would post pics of his Corolla and that thing was like a ricer nightmare. He had a custom bondo wide body kit, Lambo doors, huge subwoofers, 18" rims, a Playstation installed, slammed, all kinds of crap. And he would post and people who weren't scammed would be like, "Wow when is that kit coming out!" and not even two posts later, "So bro when you gonna ship me my intake?" And in the first page it would turn into some HUGE flame war.

Corolla meets were weird as shit too lol. Everyone's car was slow as hell and if someone broke into the 15's, they were the freaking MAN. But there were WAY more girls at those meets. Got my first Asian girl from a Corolla meet. Thanks UCLA :thumbup:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

IT sounded like you said COROLLA MEETS....

I am so.... oh man.

First censored NEEKtars and now this? Grats on the Asian though. A wine that everyone should sip at least once! Dirty freaks!

golfmk6.com sucks now. Stupid mods.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
...wtf did I just read?