GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some t-shirt designs...feedback please

Which of these would you consider buying (select as many as you wish)?

Votes: 1 12.5%

Votes: 2 25.0%

Votes: 4 50.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 50.0%

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

pbfoot

Ready to race!
Alright well I've been busy for a couple months, and finally have been able to work up some digital designs. I'll post them all here and you can vote on which, if any, you would consider buying. The logo is what I think will be the company logo, and the name would be Colorblind Clothing (because I am colorblind lol). Also please post up some criticisms, suggestions, desires (and praise if you really feel like buffering my ego haha). Thanks,

Attachments

• horizontal lines.pdf
    101.4 KB · Views: 329
  • hot air balloons.pdf
    114.7 KB · Views: 336
  • black and white argyle.pdf
    120.6 KB · Views: 254
  • Black Lines.pdf
    87 KB · Views: 243
  • blocks.pdf
    124.1 KB · Views: 249
  • pocket brand black.pdf
    102.9 KB · Views: 226
  • pocket brand.pdf
    78 KB · Views: 257
  • Purple Sunrise.pdf
    118.6 KB · Views: 262

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
yay first to go

pbfoot

Ready to race!
All I say is why PDF.
In illustrator there are only two really usable formats to save in-.pdf and .ai-neither of which are conducive to online hosting. If anyone knows how I can convert them to .jpeg's please let me know.

pbfoot

Ready to race!
psd?

pbfoot

Ready to race!
i am not feeling any of the designs. I like the name. I dont like the font.
Thanks for the criticism, I like it-a nice contrast to the otherwise modern designs but to each their own! :w00t:

and thanks a million agpatel!

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
respect for trying to do your own thing, but i think you have to attempt to create something more original. that's the only way you'll become successful. good start though.

pbfoot

Ready to race!
respect for trying to do your own thing, but i think you have to attempt to create something more original. that's the only way you'll become successful. good start though.
Now that is actually a constructive comment. I've been trying not to be too "original" in that I've been trying to keep things relatively simple and inexpensive, but I know what you mean. Like I said these are some of the first ones I came up with and are primarily logo driven and would be used to get the name out there and get people interested. I'm still working on some designs though that will hopefully be a little more "different".

angrybaker

banned
ok, here is a better critique.

Most of the shirts are not an original design. Stripes, argyle/diamonds and the plain white and black shirts are just that....plain and unoriginal. Your logo is not bad, but the problem is that there wont be a demand for your logo until its established.

The lacoste crocodile for instance has a long history and thats why they can slap it on a polo and charge alot for it. Many other brands carry the same cache. So until people will associate your logo/brand for quality or something they will pay money for, well I dont think it will sell.

Another way you might have more success is if you could get someone famous to wear your shirts. Take for instance Rob Dyrdek, he wears those gunshow t-shirts and they sell like hotcakes. Its a formula that always works.

I just dont see anything unique that would make me want to buy your designs. Its pretty easy to silk screen t-shirts and I would go the route of getting iconic images and making shirts that way. For instance:

One that would sell right now would be a pic of a bart police officer with a gunsight on it.
I am sure you could sell the hell out of these in oakland for instance. It also brings to mind the old public enemy logo. Never hurts to go a bit old school

Of course that is an easy way out to make t-shirts. But they do sell.

There is a store in SF called True and they have lots of shirts along those lines. If you want to be more original, more power to you. I have no expertise in the t-shirt business, just my 2 cents. Well more like 60 cents worth!

Good luck.

pbfoot

Ready to race!
Funny you mention having someone famous to wear the shirts-have you ever watched the show "Big Bang Theory"? The main character, Sheldon, wears t-shirts all the time and I actually may have a connection that could get mine on there. Otherwise I am still working on some more original designs, the biggest reason they are not up here is that I am not yet that good with Illustrator, and have not yet been able to figure out how to do more complex designs and make them look good. I have a few on paper though, and will inevitably be working on some more in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for the critique though, my goal is to create something nonchalant, but that still makes you go "cool shirt" using a different take on colors-not necessarily completely different from what's out there just something with a twist that's way less expensive than those specialty shirts.