GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some DV questions...

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
Ok, well, I was driving around today minding my own business when this mk3 jetta pulled out behind me. Had a checkerboard/fire graffic on his hood, loud pipes, etc. Well, I just kept going, minding my business. Well, he starts to try to pass me, and being obnoxious, so I kick it in the (*^. (Were on open backroads, no safety concerns.) Well, I instantly notice a lack of kick in the acceleration. I still smoke him, but not like I should of. He eventually passes and turns.
Turns out, I'm spiking at 15 psi. Do a couple of runs to make sure its right. Recrank and try again. All the same. So, Im thinking blown DV. But... wouldn't my spike be dramatically lower? I've been spiking 21, so its not tons lower. Could it be the PCV valve?
Also, because I'm modded, will the dealership basically give me the finger about replacing it? If so, can you replace a DV by yourself? Thanks for all the help.
Edit: Also, I just installed the EVOMS about a week ago, if that makes any difference.

Turbo Maniac

Passed Driver's Ed

I'm having the same issues. I don't have a boost gauge but I ran some logs and the ECU was requesting 21 psi and the actual was 13 psi. So it sounds like were in the same situation. We have a cool dealership here in Orlando (Royal) that takes car of the local MKV's. I took it in once already but they replaced an intake breather valve? Car is still slow in comparison to before so I'll be taking her in tomorrow to see if we can resolve the issue. The common culprit's are the DV and the PVC valve's. Hopefully it will be one of those for both of us!

If you want some more info PM me and I'll hook you up :wink:

Good luck

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
scary... what's the PCV valve again? :redface:

2zzge

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
scary... what's the PCV valve again? :redface:
Positive
Crankcase
Ventalation
PCV valve

its a "one way" valve the vents the buildup of gasses in the crankcase. during normal oportation of a motor, some gasses 'sneak' by the rings and into the crankcase. if this happens too much, it will cause the oil to 'sludge'. they used to vent these gasses into the atmosphere. this was found to be bad for the environment so....
...to reduce this (and to help with emissions), they vent the positive pressure back into the intake.

what's happening on our cars tho' is the oneway valve (PCV) isn't holding pressure. its being overcome by the intake charge and filling the crankcase with excessive pressure and forcing oil out the top of the motor.

so in every way shape and form this is bad news.
bad because the crankcase is being filled with normal 'blowby' from the rings AND filled with raw fuel from the intake charge...under pressure mind you.
bad for the engine (eventual sludge)....bad for the environment (gasses are vented into the atmosphere)...bad for performance (loss of boost).

get this fixed even if you have to pay for it yourself...or make your own oneway check valve or something...just fix it. :smoking: