GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoCal tornado?!

06Rabbit

Ready to race!
Apparently, two tornadoes touched down approx. 6 miles from where I live in Moreno Valley, CA.

http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-...ves/2008/05/southern_california_tornadoes.asp

Here's a pic taken at my house roughly at the time they touched down. There was HEAVY hail/snow, which is already peculiar out in SoCal. I had a feeling something was happening. The noise was incredibly loud from the hail, almost felt like the movie Twister

Here's also a crappy video from my phone. The sound is really the sound from the hail, wind, and thunder.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_THXHjVhz2U

IchBinDarren

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Rabbit
Dude the weather yesterday was CRAZY! I left my house at 11:30 and it looked luminous and I hit the storm within a few minutes when I was on the 215 freeway in Murrieta. I definately went through a flash flood for a few miles, the freeway went from 70 mph to 10 mph. It was the heaviest rain I've ever seen, it was hard to see see!

-wiretap-

hax0r
omgz teh global warming!?!? Someone call Al Gore to fix it!?!

06Rabbit

Ready to race!
Two Tornados and a lil Hail ain't shit. LOL try living in Canada

I was waiting for someone to say something like this, :bellyroll:

heftylefty said:
wtf thats so messed up/random!

is your car ok?

I was really worried when I saw the size of the hail. Once it died down to just heavy rain, I went outside to see if any damage was done, luckily none, whew :thumbsup:

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
that shits crazy, its almast like "the day after tomorrow" going on. it is INCREDIBLY strange and rare for a tornado to hit on the west coast. The factors arent their for it, its just insane that happened. hopefully no one was hurt. what kind of damages is the city looking at?

06Rabbit

Ready to race!
I haven't gotten a chance to go out and see the damage, but from what I've read/heard, several cars overturned including a semi, and derailed cargo train. No homes damaged, no one injured fortunately.

celtichellion

carsareextensionsofyou
Car(s)
2000 Honda Civic
well...Al Gore is a POS...global warming is a sham. It's a La Nina year, thats why there haven't been many Atlantic hurricanes the past few years, and thats why the West coast is getting shat on. I miss the cool weather, it sucks being a meteorologist in Guam, unless there is a Typhoon anyway. Glad your car is ok though