GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

so who has unitronic stage 1+?

MarkR

Ready to race!
im getting a tune as an xmas gift and was wondering if the 1+ is worth the extra over the stage 1? also, has anyone had any problems after gettign a stage 1 tune? do i need to upgrade my dv or am i ok?

bill6211789

Ready to race!
If you have 93 oct available stage 1= is the way to go, plus it'll be cheaper to upgrade to stage 2 if you do that at some point

Sudu420

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 gti mkv
I had uni stage 1+ for a few weeks before going stage 2. Like someone else said it depends on how available 93 is where you live. Where I live, you can get 93 at any gas station, but 91 is only available at sunoco. So the choice was obvious for me. Plus im sure 93 tune squeezes a few more HP out of the car than the 91 tune.

edit- OP I see that you are in NE PA.. How far are you from Allentown area? You should definatly check out CBTuning. He is a good dude, does good work for really good prices. Link to his page is in my sig. He is a UNI dealer too.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI
I ran Uni stage 1+ for a couple months before I went K04. I was very impressed with it. Extremely powerful. I've owned and driver a lot of VW (1.8Ts, 2.0T FSIs, etc), and this was the most power I'd seen gained from just a flash. On Uni Stage 1+ I was able to keep up with or beat full stage 2 FSIs.

xplicit

Go Kart Champion
im getting a tune as an xmas gift and was wondering if the 1+ is worth the extra over the stage 1? also, has anyone had any problems after gettign a stage 1 tune? do i need to upgrade my dv or am i ok?

The 2009's come with the upgraded dv already, so you will be all set.:thumbsup:

I've had uni since 700 miles on my GTI, from stage 1+ to stage 2 and now with my k04 setup and 50k miles later, I've never had a problem with my unitronic flash. :headbang:

bill6211789

Ready to race!
The 2009's come with the upgraded dv already, so you will be all set.:thumbsup:

No they don't, even 2010s were coming out with old diaphragm DVs

Sent from my EVO

bill6211789

Ready to race!
Ive seen plenty of people with 09's that have had diaphragm DVs

bill6211789

Ready to race!
Ive known people tht have had 09's and they check there DV and it wasn't a rev D

TSiUG

sleeper...
My 09 came with the old revision. Swapped to D when I went k04.

Low n Slow

Ready to race!
I was goin too ask the same question lol u beat me to it im goin stage 1+ soon n you should check out cbtuning they do great work I made my opointment there

sleeper

Passed Driver's Ed
My '09 comes with a Rev G DV as well, what a bummer. Will switch to a D when I have time.