GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So What if I don't read the Manual

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
I just have one question for all the READ THE MANUAL FROM COVER TO COMER!!!!!! as answers to questions. For one maybe some of thes people did not read the manual and they just like to get on a forum and interact with individuals. Or maybe they did read the manual, and as big as it is I highly doubt there is any of you out there that have it memorized. I myself have not read the entire manual and sometimes I do have questions. If individuals alwasys have such a nasty attitude about answering peiple with little questions it will eventually turn individuals off from writing in to the forums. I thought owning a car and being part of a forum was like a world wide family to gain help and experience. Shit people are constantly asking how to do various odds and ends to their cars and there are many helpfull suggestions, and no silly answeres like SEARCH THE INTERNET FOR THE ANSWER!!!! But let it be a question that can be found in the VW manual and all of a sudden that individual is lazy. Sounds like a bum rap to me. Like I said just a question maybe someone can elaborate for me as for I could not find the answer to this on in the manual.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
then you'll get flamed...
but i only read it cause i was bored so who cares..

The whole concept of search before you post is to keep the servers clean of multiple posts with the same question. If a specific question was covered before and we didn't tell people to search, you could have hundreds of threads with the same answer...that takes up space that could be used for other things. I'm sure the owners of this site would like to keep things as consolidated as possible so as not to run out of space or degrade performance and have to upgrade just because some noob didn't feel like searching.

Same thing goes for the manual...which should be the first place someone should look for an answer on their car. The internet is a wonderful tool yes but you have some people that really don't know what they're talking about and if you follow bad advice and something gets screwed up...who are you gonna blame? Can't go wrong with the manual in that case.

Either way I see your point...there is a lot of harshness when it comes to someone asking a question that was answered 1000 times....but its only because it could be avoided by simply doing a search.

I find this flash animation helpful...

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
You've got to be kidding me. People don't like to answer the same question over and over. You really sound immature and extremely lazy. A forum is NOT a family. At best, it is a community. In a community, you're expected to pull your own weight, so to speak. God forbid you have to figure something out yourself!

No offense, but this post really irks me.

Ram_Kev

Derbyshires Finest!
But where would you be if no-one read the manual......

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
NoRegrets78 said:
The whole concept of search before you post is to keep the servers clean of multiple posts with the same question. If a specific question was covered before and we didn't tell people to search, you could have hundreds of threads with the same answer...that takes up space that could be used for other things. I'm sure the owners of this site would like to keep things as consolidated as possible so as not to run out of space or degrade performance and have to upgrade just because some noob didn't feel like searching.

Same thing goes for the manual...which should be the first place someone should look for an answer on their car. The internet is a wonderful tool yes but you have some people that really don't know what they're talking about and if you follow bad advice and something gets screwed up...who are you gonna blame? Can't go wrong with the manual in that case.

Either way I see your point...there is a lot of harshness when it comes to someone asking a question that was answered 1000 times....but its only because it could be avoided by simply doing a search.

x2.

bilbos

On the Kop
The manual should be the first port of call if you have a question about the operation of a specific part of the car.
If it is not in the manual, then by all means carry out a search on here for a thread that may have covered that topic previously. If you cannot find any info, then create a new thread.
Even if it has been covered before, I am sure that the helpful people on this forum will come to your assistance, as we are a friendly bunch (generally).

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
I read the manual the 1st night i got my car from cover to cover, found out some cool stuff about it, then again its the same thing i did w/ my other 2 cars when i got them and i enjoyed it :)

as for searching, if its there might as well use it prob faster then putting a post online and waiting for someone to tell u to:
1. search
2. cross-ref you
3. :evil: you....

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
NoRegrets78 said:

x3

Joe Diver

DFW Wolfpack Schlagetot
Honestly man, I empathize with you and even agree to some extent....but it's just not reality. Sounds like you dont have much experience with online forums and communities. It's like this everywhere....I actively post on several forums...and this forum isn't all that bad....I could recommend a few for you to try and post something OT or that is a dead horse...and you'd see that really, this forum isn't bad at all in regard to this. Online, people will speak their minds and give you their unbiased opinions. In many cases, they will say things to you that they never would in person. Frankly, as much as it pisses me off, I do appreciate the candid responses to things. If you can't take the heat of the flames or are constantly annoyed by posts, perhaps it's just not for you? Personally, when threads begin to decline into artillary rounds, I just ignore them and don't waste the click anymore. I don't care if someone has the last word.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Very well said Noregrets78:thumbsup: There's plenty of friendly good advice on this thread itself. I'd say everyone did a pretty darn good job of posting great answers.

Anyways, I'm a firm believer in reading the manual from cover to cover and if you did a search you probably found my thread in regards to reading it from beginning to end. It's just a good idea.

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
kirk180 said:
Very well said Noregrets78:thumbsup: There's plenty of friendly good advice on this thread itself. I'd say everyone did a pretty darn good job of posting great answers.

Anyways, I'm a firm believer in reading the manual from cover to cover and if you did a search you probably found my thread in regards to reading it from beginning to end. It's just a good idea.

Usually I've read the manual on a perspective car long before Ive bought it, but VW is one of those crazy car companies that doesnt let you download PDF's of the owners manual!

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
So assuming I have a question about a function/process/operation of my car....

If I could seek info from but one source....

I wouldn't ask Joe Smith, I would ask Volkswagen. Wouldn't you? Manual=Volkswagen

Not to mention that this is a free forum, but it isn't free to operate. Every extra letter typed costs money, in reality. I just wasted money that isn't mine.

vmq6695

May you be well and happy
Car(s)
VW Golf
But where's the on-line (or at least digitized, searchable) version of the manual? Shouldn't it be on CD-ROM, at least?

Turning pages is so (strike out 20th) 17th century, no?