GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, to answer your question, this is why we didn't buy an Evo...

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG

good link..

yeah thats what the evo has too...

and in that evom thread the guy is saying that Mitsubishi of america was like...

yeah, those don't just break, you're obviously abusing it (which I would tend to believe) just cuz he didn't pound it the second it broke doesn't mean he didn't critically damage it previously.

also he notes that he was associated with racing and they threatened to take out his whole warranty..

I remain by my hooker theory, he doesn't know how to manage the throttle and mashing it too much too long left him unable to control his throttle.. :rolleyes:

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I'm wondering how hard he had to press the gas pedal to break it like that. Oh and I love the vw ad about the break away pedals preventing foot injuries, "An amazing feet". I guess I'd rather have my gas pedal snap off than have it go through my foot. :iono:

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
Fixed your post :p

No need to fix his post; he was right the first time. The MSRP is ~$34k - add the typical options HIDs, 6-disc changer, etc. and you're at ~$37k. Add nav and you're close to $40k. If you read the thread, he bought his for $41k :eyebulge:

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
he REALLY shouldve shopped around lol

07Noside

Banned
so one pedal breaks off of an evo and automatically its inferior. didn't an R or two spontaniously combust a while back?

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
so one pedal breaks off of an evo and automatically its inferior. didn't an R or two spontaniously combust a while back?

haha.. awesome... but thats a safety feature.. if your electonics are bad they disable themselves.. :bellyroll:

07Noside

Banned
the clutches on R are also not made of plastic :23:

do you have a euro spec R with a 6mt that we didn't know about. becuase as far as I'm concerned VW used the same setup for the pedal configurations between the R and the GTI just the covers are different. The clutch is indeed plastic on the GTI and the brake is metal. nitpicking to justify purchases... personally why bother if you have to justify it your not settled with your choice and there must be some dismay to have to prove yourself. I don't go around like hey look this guage cluster on one MS3 broke so there for the build quality is shit and I am god lol.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
the clutches on R are also not made of plastic :23:

huh? did you import a eurospec R32 that no one knows about?

EDIT: lol just realized that noside said the same thing hahahaha

07Noside

Banned
It was one R, and it was because of a choppy hardwire job by the owner. VW wasn't at fault.

it was ONE evo and I'm sure the owner was a applying more then the normal or reccomended amount of pressure onto it :thumbsup: I'm sure if I went out and mashed the hell out of my clutch I could get it to break off. Maybe the guy was a giant 500lbs plastic is only so strong. it looks to have the same directional reinforcement on the clutch pedal shaft as we do. Well the GTI's do....