GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So now that my GTI is totaled, time to move on.

DDKing13

Ready to race!
I'm sure some of you saw on my other thread, my GTI just got totaled.
So now im in the market for another car. I'm thinking of either an Audi B7 A4 Avant, or another mk6 GTI/R, if I can find one cheap enough.

Thoughts?

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear. I totaled my car recently too. I know the feeling. I'm not fond of owning older cars... I just don't want to deal w/ maintenance/extra costs. That's my personal opinion.

I did test drive Golf R, 335s, 135, Subi WRX, BRZ, Genesis, Mini S, and a few other cars, but I kept coming back to the GTI. I wanted auto as well, which helped my decision. Mod market is great for the Mk6. I am familiar w/ the platform. Great bang for the buck.

DIdn't buy the R bc I wanted DSG.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Suck to hear man. Go drive a bunch of cars before making a decision.

butchered by autocorrecr

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
If there is any subframe damage they typically total it out because of unknown expenses once they start fixing things.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

DDKing13

Ready to race!
I may be alone on this, but im not too fond of the mk7 styling. I think the mk6 looks so much better. So although I know i'll be giving up on some power, if I end up staying with another GTI or moving up to an R, it'll be another mk6.

I have been able to find some B7 A4 Avants for good prices. Anybody know of any helpful info when buying used Audi's? To my understanding, it'd be pretty much the same as VW, but I've never owned an Audi, so I can't say forsure.

imtimmy

Ready to race!
Check audizine or world for the issues list on B7's. Off the top of my head, cam follower issue, which can lead to fuel pump issue which can lead to camshaft issue. Timing belt should be checked, headlight issues on HIDS, window regulators and other issues. My personal experience, ALL OF THE ABOVE AND MORE. If your looking for any used car especially euro, have a trusting tech check a car out for you if you can't diagnose yourself. Good luck, I love having the gti after the A4 problems. Lighter, Faster, more stylish and 2 door fun at a very reasonable price.