GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So i was heading to a funeral.......

Shood87

Ready to race!
and I got pulled over. No I was not speeding this guy pulled me over for my tint. He wouldn't even let me explain i am going to be late for a funeral. I got a 109 dollar ticket for my tint. I have driven around in the city for 2 and a half years with out any problems but once I get into the burbs and apparently the top cops up there have nothing better to do. Now I understand that there is a law but what makes me mad is that there are murders and drugs and other shit that is worse then me doing the speed limit but with tint, oh and the fact that I was late for my uncle's funeral.

Sorry for the rant i just thought that is a little ridiculous. There goes some money for waterfest.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah, I was pulled over for tint as well and got a ticket both times. The first time was when IL still had the 5% in back law, nothing in the front. I have 20% on my 4 side windows, 5% on the hatch, so I can't say much there.

However, when IL made it a law that 35% legal, I got pulled over again after that law was put into place. I still got a ticket out of it which I would have been fine with because my windows are still darker than the 35% all around limit, however, he didn't meter my car. When I told him that it was a new law, he told me that front tint is still illegal. So obviously I couldn't argue with him unless I wanted more citations.

I would have brought it to court since he didn't meter me, but he gives me a $30 parking ticket instead. My theory is that he knew I wouldn't go to court since it'd end up cost me more and their city gets the money regardless. If I had a larger budget, I would have fought it.

Anyhow, if PA law states that tint is illegal, then the cop was just doing his job. Yeah it sucks, but you've got to pay to play.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
i get tint tickets all the time. mine are only $54 but i knew when i got my windows tinted that i was going to have problems. maybe remove the tint if you dont want tickets or move to the ghetto where cops have batter things to do.

bonix

Ready to race!
just get a friendly doctor to write you a note! around here when you get pulled over for tints they even ask for a doctors note. mine says I have some sort of light allergy. I got it after getting pulled over a few years ago in my GTI but havent been pulled over since so I only assume it will work

timrocks311

Ready to race!
where outside of Philly did you get hit? i've had my tint for about a year and haven't been hit yet. I'm fairly close to Philly, but i wonder sometimes when I'm up at my parents who are more in the country.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
down here in FL, they can't stop you for tint alone. They have to catch you doing something else, and then they can cite you for the tint if they wish to do so.

I know one guy who fought his tint ticket, because he noticed all the police cruisers had tint all the way around to prevent the heat from beaming in during the slow periods of the day sitting on the stretches of highway. He ended up having to remove his tint, but had the department remove all the tint off the cruisers as well. Judge's ruling there. Thought that was kinda just desserts, as it gets super hot down here.

Shood87

Ready to race!
where outside of Philly did you get hit? i've had my tint for about a year and haven't been hit yet. I'm fairly close to Philly, but i wonder sometimes when I'm up at my parents who are more in the country.

I was up in Warminster Pa. Almost up near the willow grove Air Force Base.

I understand you have to pay to play and that he was just doing his job. It is just irritating that there are so many other things that are worse. I just had to blow off some steam so i decided to share my story.

J-DUB

got splashback?
just get a friendly doctor to write you a note! around here when you get pulled over for tints they even ask for a doctors note. mine says I have some sort of light allergy. I got it after getting pulled over a few years ago in my GTI but havent been pulled over since so I only assume it will work

this, I have one, but my tint is not on the car because dbags think because I have dark windows that I have expensive car radio (just factory) or a gun in the glove box (nope) so they get away with nothing. :mad:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1

That used to work in IL and then they got smart and realized people were using that as an excuse.

down here in FL, they can't stop you for tint alone. They have to catch you doing something else, and then they can cite you for the tint if they wish to do so.

I was under the impression that limo tint was legal on all of the windows but the windshield in Florida. That and no front plate.

JSnover107

Ready to race!
i hate how cops have nothing better to do if they didnt hassle us for little things like tint they wouldnt have anything to do.

got pulled over in a parking lots bc i wasnt wearing my seat belt, was parked in the very end of the lot, walked all the way to the front a spot closer, so i ran back to my car and got the closer spot plus a ticket for a $48.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
i hate how cops have nothing better to do if they didnt hassle us for little things like tint they wouldnt have anything to do.

got pulled over in a parking lots bc i wasnt wearing my seat belt, was parked in the very end of the lot, walked all the way to the front a spot closer, so i ran back to my car and got the closer spot plus a ticket for a $48.

what do you frickin expect. it's a law just like any other law, that you chose not to follow....you guys are starting to sound like the kid that had his license suspended.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
That used to work in IL and then they got smart and realized people were using that as an excuse.

I was under the impression that limo tint was legal on all of the windows but the windshield in Florida. That and no front plate.

i believe it's 25% in the rear and 35% in the front.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1

They can pull people over in a private parking lot for no seat belt? Or was it not a private parking lot? I'm asking because I once got t-boned a couple years ago in a company vehicle with their insurance and no tickets were issued to either me or the other driver because it was a private parking lot.

i believe it's 25% in the rear and 35% in the front.

I just searched it. 28% allowed in the front and 15% in the back.