GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

sigh

GTI-HaPpY

HaPpY TurBo
Car(s)
08' golf GTI
bad day for my baby.. epc light turned on and my turbo aint kicking :frown: i need car pool for work now... anyone wanna be my driver :laughabove: wakakaka

VW_gti_09

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 vw canywhite gti
ya thats never fun i had my turn on at 15k turned out to be the throttle body

09WHTGTI

VW Afficiando
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Happened to me on my 2009. Throttle body replacement fo sho! Get er done!

VW_gti_09

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 vw canywhite gti
if there is so many of us with the throttle body error why hasnt there been a recall?

09WHTGTI

VW Afficiando
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
if there is so many of us with the throttle body error why hasnt there been a recall?

I don't know. We would have to have the complete list of throttle body replacements around the world, and that is not going to be easy to come buy.

After my throttle body went, about 3 weeks later I needed a new fuel injector installed and also needed a new battery at 27,000 miles.

Now my NEW battery is going at 33,000 miles!!!:mad:

VW_gti_09

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 vw canywhite gti
I don't know. We would have to have the complete list of throttle body replacements around the world, and that is not going to be easy to come buy.

After my throttle body went, about 3 weeks later I needed a new fuel injector installed and also needed a new battery at 27,000 miles.

Now my NEW battery is going at 33,000 miles!!!:mad:

well a pain in the ass now, could save us from a rimming from the dealership down the road...and with there prices we'll be lucky if they give us a courtesy spit:mad:

VW_gti_09

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 vw canywhite gti
At least a reach around, ya know? :mad:

not from these guys when there done they will want us to wipe our chins and walk away saying thank you:mad:

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
You mean Volkswagen extends the warranty to 10 years/ 120K miles on the DSG Mechatronics, Rear High-Mount LED Brake light, PCV System, Intake Manifold Runner Control Motor, Fuel Pressure Sensor (which mine just threw CEL), Cam Follower, and camshaft, and you guys complain that VW doesn't take care of their customers?

You guys have some serious entitlement issues if you expect everything in life to be resolved for free. Find one car manufactured by anyone without faulty, recalled parts. Just one. And buy that. Because you won't find it. Extending these part warranties is totally voluntary, and should be met with gratitude rather than expectation.

Here's the thing about our cars: they have a lot of new technology packed in with a bunch of unnecessary luxury and comfort items. Things are going to go wrong as they age. And if you modify them in any way, expect things to wear out and break a lot sooner. You have to pay to play.

Secondly, I have owned many Toyotas over the years, and the more recent ones were unreliable garbage. I had two of them on the same tow truck simultaneously with failed ECUs. And if you think that Toyota extended the warranty (which was far less generous than VW's) on any of these parts, you are mistaken. They pretty much told me to suck it.

If you actually do any research outside of your faulty expectations, you will find that we are fairly spoiled in the way that VW extends goodwill our way when they realize they have a faulty or poorly designed part or component. Most car companies only bench-test parts to last as long as the factory warranty, and refuse to cover them longer. It's life. Get used to it.

VW_gti_09

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 vw canywhite gti
You mean Volkswagen extends the warranty to 10 years/ 120K miles on the DSG Mechatronics, Rear High-Mount LED Brake light, PCV System, Intake Manifold Runner Control Motor, Fuel Pressure Sensor (which mine just threw CEL), Cam Follower, and camshaft, and you guys complain that VW doesn't take care of their customers?

You guys have some serious entitlement issues if you expect everything in life to be resolved for free. Find one car manufactured by anyone without faulty, recalled parts. Just one. And buy that. Because you won't find it. Extending these part warranties is totally voluntary, and should be met with gratitude rather than expectation.

Here's the thing about our cars: they have a lot of new technology packed in with a bunch of unnecessary luxury and comfort items. Things are going to go wrong as they age. And if you modify them in any way, expect things to wear out and break a lot sooner. You have to pay to play.

Secondly, I have owned many Toyotas over the years, and the more recent ones were unreliable garbage. I had two of them on the same tow truck simultaneously with failed ECUs. And if you think that Toyota extended the warranty (which was far less generous than VW's) on any of these parts, you are mistaken. They pretty much told me to suck it.

If you actually do any research outside of your faulty expectations, you will find that we are fairly spoiled in the way that VW extends goodwill our way when they realize they have a faulty or poorly designed part or component. Most car companies only bench-test parts to last as long as the factory warranty, and refuse to cover them longer. It's life. Get used to it.

stfu & gtfo :paddle:

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
"I want to run 21 pounds of boost through a PCV and DV designed to peak at 14 pounds, and then I want to complain when things break".

"I also want to drop my suspension and stiffen my springs, but complain about squeaks and rattles as they develop faster than they should. I also want my 5 year old car with 80k on the clock to be as tight and rattle- free as a brand new car".

Yes, I'm paraphrasing, but I hear this type of composing on here almost constantly. It's time to man up and take some personal accountability for maintaining and repairing your own car after VW no longer offers warranty coverage.

One of the reasons service costs are so high and dealerships are so wary of claims is that there's a good number of owners, many of whom frequent these boards, who knowingly and blatantly void their warranties by actions detailed on their owners manual, and think it's just fine to screw over the dealership and VW, but God forbid VW deny a claim or try to recoup some of this loss through higher service fees.

Stop screwing us all with bogus warranty work if you've knowingly voided your warranty. Complain about that, if you need to complain about something.