GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Short throw shifter ??

prince

Uber KoooL
Car(s)
VW GTI
our 6spd throws in not that bad.. imo.. i would like to see feedback from others who installed ss kits..

klamyfeat

Drag Race Newbie
I'm come to realize for the time being that the stock 6-speed is ok and here is why.

Has anyone else noticed that a smooth 1-2 shift in normal driving requires a short pause/slow shift?

I find that if I haven't throttled the GTI in 1st (ie. most of the time because the GTI is pretty fast and it quickly builds speed), I have to take my time for the synchros to do their thing.

I don't think adding a short shift kit will help (might be wrong) because it will move the gears more quickly but do nothing for the synchros so smooth shifting will take approx. the same amount of time. Am I wrong?

If you're changing the shifter for a different feel, that's different but I've had the stiff, notchy shifter on my Impreza (kartboy). I'm getting old now so find I enjoy the smooth, light effort of the GTI shifter.

Bomar

Drag Race Newbie
I hope that you have better luck with eiptuning short shift kit. I got mine and it doesn't fit and I called them 3.5 hours ago and have gotten no call back from tech support.

Let me know.

Thanks

Bomar

MMD

Oval Champion
i found that the dieselgeek short shifter is well known in vvortex forum specially with R32 owners... :iono: dont know why and it seems it has a good reputation too

about EIP there r doing good advertisements on there website but after what u said , :eek: we r really need your feedback. :confused:

Bomar said:
I hope that you have better luck with eiptuning short shift kit. I got mine and it doesn't fit and I called them 3.5 hours ago and have gotten no call back from tech support.

Let me know.

Thanks

Bomar

VWDADDY

Certified Monkey Wrench
I have HPA's.....No problems. and installs in minutes.:thumbsup: