GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shirt and tie advice

dawg

Looking for feedback if both these shirt and tie combos work or if one looks better than the other?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 235

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Definitely not the first pic. And not a big fan of the second either. I think if you are going with that tie, I would try a different colored shirt, and maybe lose the pattern of the first.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
2nd pic.

are you wearing with suit, jacket alone or none? Formal or casual? What colour are the pants/suit/shoes.....?

A lot goes into making your own personal style and it's still acceptable to wear a 'mini-checked' shirt with a patterned tie as long as you're comfortable wearing it.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/154177987217449046/

Last edited:

dawg

Thanks for all the feedback. It's for a wedding and I would be wearing a grey suit with brown shoes/belt.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
too many colour variations there...stick with black shoes/belt unless you're part of the groomsmen and that's what they are wearing.

if you want to wear the brown shoes/belt then a stock white shirt would be my suggestion. keep the tie. Get a killer pocket square that does not match shirt or tie. GL

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
ditch the tie and just where the suit and shirt. It will come together nice as long as the shoes aren't too dark a brown.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
ditch the tie and just where the suit and shirt. It will come together nice as long as the shoes aren't too dark a brown.

Dont forget the dank ass pocket square.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Dont forget the dank ass pocket square.

I'll rock a pocket square without a tie on occasion, depending on the outfit and event.

I rarely do cufflinks without a tie and something more formal. And the shirt he showed is anything other than formal.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
in reality you really shouldn't wear cuff-links without a tie/jacket combo, it just looks wrong.... pocket square is a must in a sports coat or suit jacket... if its one of those cotton jackets from the Gap it doesn't really matter and might look silly since those are not fitted.

thing is fashion is very slippery and if you're old school you prob wouldn't rock a checked shirt with a suit however it can be very formal looking depending on the accessories and combination. I prefer smaller checks to window pane or madra style.

To each his own.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
in reality you really shouldn't wear cuff-links without a tie/jacket combo, it just looks wrong.... pocket square is a must in a sports coat or suit jacket... if its one of those cotton jackets from the Gap it doesn't really matter and might look silly since those are not fitted.

thing is fashion is very slippery and if you're old school you prob wouldn't rock a checked shirt with a suit however it can be very formal looking depending on the accessories and combination. I prefer smaller checks to window pane or madra style.

To each his own.

Dude i wear shorts and flip flops to work. Get on my level