GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SD Card Problem

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
This is a strange one, if I copy and paste my iTunes library of 235 songs onto an SD card then load it into either of the SD card slots I then watch all the album artwork populate on screen and I can scroll through it until I find something I want to play/listen to, then it goes wrong!

whatever I select will play about 1 second of that song and then all of a sudden it automatically jumps to another track elsewhere, typically the first one on the card (which happens to be Annie Lennox in this case).

Have I missed something? ive tried disabling the random/mix function and it has to bearing over this problem, anyone else seen this bug?

Any suggestions please.

I have Discover Pro on FW 0290

cs2014

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you made sure there are no hidden files on the card, as that can cause problems ?
I use an iMac, and that always puts hidden files onto the card. (I use OptimUSB to automatically delete them). Maybe Windows does something similar ?

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
Have you made sure there are no hidden files on the card, as that can cause problems ?
I use an iMac, and that always puts hidden files onto the card. (I use OptimUSB to automatically delete them). Maybe Windows does something similar ?

All I have area mixture of MPEG 4 and MP3 files......I'm out of ideas
Cheers for the reply

Are you using a folder structure, or do you just have a collection of tunes on the card? Mine were copied onto the card in album and then artist folder groups, as they were configured in iTunes. Only difference to what you have described, if I am understanding you correctly.

cs2014

Passed Driver's Ed
All I have area mixture of MPEG 4 and MP3 files......I'm out of ideas
Cheers for the reply

Worth checking for hidden files. In both Windows and OS X there is an option called 'Show hidden files and folders' (or similar), which is off by default.

I also used the artist/album structure, same as Talk-torque, copied directly from the contents of my iTunes Music folder.

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
Are you using a folder structure, or do you just have a collection of tunes on the card? Mine were copied onto the card in album and then artist folder groups, as they were configured in iTunes. Only difference to what you have described, if I am understanding you correctly.

Yes I have them in a folder called 'Music'
so please can you add a screenshot of how yours are compiled please.

Thanks very much :)

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
Tried it without the folder and when you select an album onscreen (via the album artwork image on the touchscreen) it goes to play it (approx. for about one second) then immediately jumps right back to the first album on the SD Card (that will be an album beginning with ''A'' typically)

I've tried importing all my music onto the ''Jukebox'' (internal hard-drive) and it does EXACTLY the same, basically you cant play the album you want unless you go into the album via the on screen 'selection' button, then select the album one you want to play.... and then to get it to play any song on that album you have to select a specific song in that album, however if you just press the ''play'' button on the top left corner (which should play the album songs in the order of the album itself) it still sends you back to your first album beginning with A in my case)

I'm confused.....but this is definitely a 'BUG' in the system I'm sure of it

Last edited:

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Tried it without the folder and when you select an album onscreen (via the album artwork image on the touchscreen) it goes to play it (approx. for about one second) then immediately jumps right back to the first album on the SD Card (that will be an album beginning with ''A'' typically)

I've tried importing all my music onto the ''Jukebox'' (internal hard-drive) and it does EXACTLY the same, basically you cant play the album you want unless you go into the album via the on screen 'selection' button, then select the album one you want to play.... and then to get it to play any song on that album you have to select a specific song in that album, however if you just press the ''play'' button on the top left corner (which should play the album songs in the order of the album itself) it still sends you back to your first album beginning with A in my case)

I'm confused.....but this is definitely a 'BUG' in the system I'm sure of it

I'm not so sure, Apple like to garden wall their stuff, without seeing it, I still suspect it's itunes, I dumped a load of music from mediago onto the SD card, all album'd up nicely, also used songbird more recently and that has gone on a treat too, only one album that is giving me symptoms like what you describe is a download from mixtapes, even the order is weird as it's count 1, 10, 11 etc before it plays track 2, and the audio jumps about.

From your description, there is a difference in the way the Pro unit music selection works to that of my Discover Nav. Not got a screen shot, but my tunes are contained in album folders, which are in artist folders, which, in turn, are all contained in a music file. I don't get a graphical selection screen, just a list, depending on where in the folder/track structure I am. From there, it just works as you would expect. It sounds like you could have some sort of "sample" option selected.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
From your description, there is a difference in the way the Pro unit music selection works to that of my Discover Nav. Not got a screen shot, but my tunes are contained in album folders, which are in artist folders, which, in turn, are all contained in a music file. I don't get a graphical selection screen, just a list, depending on where in the folder/track structure I am. From there, it just works as you would expect. It sounds like you could have some sort of "sample" option selected.

I wonder if the OP has SCAN selected, where it plays the 1st few seconds of each track and advances to the next track?
Or like you say the folders are as a sample track, as my folders show no album art, just the tracks themselves. Since on the ipods you can select from artist, track, album ,genre etc, then I think this has gone across from itunes but the unit is not able to handle the selections.

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
Only plays like a second or less then jumps away from the album selected and then straight to the album at the start of the list (which is compiled in alphabetical order)
I haven't got any mix/scan option selected :-(

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Only plays like a second or less then jumps away from the album selected and then straight to the album at the start of the list (which is compiled in alphabetical order)
I haven't got any mix/scan option selected :-(

It would be easier, to video or at least get some pics up, of the symptoms and how the folders show on your media system.