GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scion FR-S

Scharf

18 inch brakes? Wow...largest I've ever heard of.

You don't dig the motorcycle brakes?

Those will definitely be turned into discs (hopefully with a Brembo/ Akebono upgrade option). The Front LEDs will also most likely be changed to Projector/ HIDs.

Moses

Go Kart Champion
i just can't see why you'd buy that over an S2000

but now that i think about it, i can't think of very many sporty RWD cars that are made these days. BMW for sure make a few... but then you just have a bunch of 40+ thousand dollar cars. of course there is the 370z, but that's all i can think of right now.

if only scion wouldn't skimp with just 200 hp i think it would be better. i know the gti is 200 stock, but it's a practical FWD hatch. it's okay. a car like that should be 270 at least.

curiouskyle16

Ready to race!

if only scion wouldn't skimp with just 200 hp i think it would be better. i know the gti is 200 stock, but it's a practical FWD hatch. it's okay. a car like that should be 270 at least.

x2 if its only got 200 hp that thing is not going to make much power to the rear wheels.

JoeyGTI

Touring Car Champion

RWD
6MT or 6AT with paddle shifters and limited slip. 2.0 -liter boxer. 18-inch concept brakes

<2800 lbs. 200HP & Some torque

http://c2742.r42.cf2.rackcdn.com/Press_Release_FR-S_NYIAS_2011_FINAL.pdf

Toyota Press Release: http://pressroom.toyota.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2980

Unveiled today in New York.

Bravo, Toyota/Scion.

Great looking car, we shall see what the final production car will look like. But after all at the end of the day its still a Scion..... :frown:

Scharf

Designed much better to be a daily driver. Back seats fold flat so you can throw your track tires in the back for the weekend.

Boxer. Light weight. Low-wide stance. Perfectly balanced.

Last edited:

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD

but now that i think about it, i can't think of very many sporty RWD cars that are made these days. BMW for sure make a few... but then you just have a bunch of 40+ thousand dollar cars. of course there is the 370z, but that's all i can think of right now.

Well new-wise, yeah there's not much new to choose from that's RWD and less than $40k.

370Z
Challenger (V6 and R/T)
Camaro (RS and SS)
Mustang (V6 and GT)
Miata
RX8
128i

and I think that's it.

This car is fitting a niche that no longer really exists, essentially a 240SX competitor when the 240SX no longer exists. A light, RWD coupe under 3000 lbs with good power. I like it alot, looks sexy and makes decent power. If Subaru makes a turbo one, oh shit, watch out!

Boozehound

TrailerParkSupervisor
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV CW
if only it weren't a scion.

my wife will be wanting one im sure though lol

huy

Retired Racer
nope, this car stands alone... lightweight rwd coupe with a fuel efficient motor. the miata comes closest, but is a roadster. all the "competitors" weigh much more...

it really is more along the lines of a 240sx/ Silvia... i'm awaiting its arrival to replace the GTI.

JoeyGTI

Touring Car Champion
This car sure has a much sleeker and more modern look than my GTI, thats for sure. Love the rear end view of this car, and it doesn't look like a Frog, unlike the rear of my GTI !! hmmm maybe I could grow to like this new Scion.

Attachments

• GiantAfricanBullfrog.jpg
    GiantAfricanBullfrog.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 329
  • volkswagen_GTI+rear_view.jpg
    volkswagen_GTI+rear_view.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 320
Last edited: