GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

scca class question ...

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
before i ask for some help. let me just tell you guys, that im buying a second car. and the gti is gonna be my full time track car. so im not looking for "thats dumb" or "bcuz racecar" comments ...

im currently in the smf class ... if i gut the interior, would that change my class? would i be in the prepared class?

im going though the rule book, and its confusing me ... it seems like i'll get bumped, but i know this guy in my class that has no interior in his honda ... i appreciate the help ...

Last edited:

BlackVR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI
A full interior gut is not allowed in SM classes, you can take the rear seats out, the stereo out, etc. stuff like removing the dash and heater core and stuff is a ticket straight to Prepared.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
the dash would stay. but i know the ac/heater, the glove box, the carpet, radio, the sound deadening stuff would get removed. im keeping the stock seats for now ... so it seems like i'll get moved to prepared ... is there a subcategory for the fwd or do they mix everyone up?

BlackVR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI
They mix everyone up. Keep in mind the prepared rules are very strict, and don't build on any other class rules. You're more likely to have success in SMF than DP, but it'll be fun either way

uscrew96

Ready to race!
Ether F-prepared or X- prepared. because of the turbo, not sure if you have to run restrictor in FP.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
that kinda sucks, i was barely having to start having some success in the smf class ...

BlackVR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Ether F-prepared or X- prepared. because of the turbo, not sure if you have to run restrictor in FP.
Sorry, FP is what I meant

that kinda sucks, i was barely having to start having some success in the smf class ...
Then stay in SMF, there's a whole lot of room to play in that class. The rules even say they're there to be interpreted creatively. There's lot's of ways to save weight that are SMF legal, I guarantee you're nowhere near your minimum weight.

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
Car(s)
08 BMP GTI

:biggrin:

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Then stay in SMF, there's a whole lot of room to play in that class. The rules ven say they're there to be interpreted creatively. There's lot's of ways to save weight that are SMF legal, I guarantee you're nowhere near your minimum weight.

im not trying to build a true race car. im 3rd in the championship, but the guys in 1st and 2nd, always have like 5 secs on me ... i just want to be a little bit more competitive ...

i'll see what are some of the things i can remove to still stay in the smf class ... thanks blackvr

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV