• random gti.jpg
    random gti.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 5,094

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
Too low for my liking.

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
slammed! i love how much different/better our rear end looks when it's dumped down. nice find!

O-III

Ready to race!
I really don't understand why anyone would want to lower their car. Can someone please explain the point of doing it (other than preferring the "look")? Is there a function to it? I just don't get it.

DBP

Passed Driver's Ed
I really don't understand why anyone would want to lower their car. Can someone please explain the point of doing it (other than preferring the "look")? Is there a function to it? I just don't get it.

Lowering? Or slamming? Slamming, I agree no point other than the look. Lowering with a quality coilover system can improve handling by a ton, if set up properly.

TDI110

O_o
O-III, the answer to your question will be found in the Off-Topic chat. RSMark5 will gladly answer. I asked that very same question. Oh and I think that mrk5 owner should check the tire pressure on the front right tire.

zee

Go Kart Champion
O-III, the answer to your question will be found in the Off-Topic chat. RSMark5 will gladly answer. I asked that very same question. Oh and I think that mrk5 owner should check the tire pressure on the front right tire.

I saved everyone from searching. The quote sums up reaction

Personally, its just really fun for me. I love hearing my lip's scrape wheels rub, and axle knock. It means your doing it right. Also, since I'm obsessed with VW's, theres no way to make my butthole pucker from going fast. So it might as well pucker from going low.

Also, I love the looks. Theres nothing more fun to me than watching peoples faces when you drive past. Its even better when your parked and they walk around your car a few times trying to figure out whether or not its broken. For me being on bags, its even better. Old people are fascinated by it.

Lastly, the low community is a really great one. Its all pretty tightly nit, we have our own little language, everyones always happy to help out some one else. Its just an unspoken fun little club. When shit hits the fan, you really realize how much you have in common with other low people. They've been there before, they can help you get back to normal.