GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

San Diego GTI Crew? Chip friendly dealers?

chomorro

Ready to race!
So im putting my bad fuel pump and cam follower back in my car probably and i want to go to the dealer to get it fixed for free. I tried Mossy but now they know about my situation so i want to go to a different dealer. Nothing was typed into the computer so im pretty confident i can go to another dealer but i do have the stage 1 chip on it........

Also with my other car we had a crew and we helped people do maintenance and install mods. Anything like that been created in san diego yet for the GTI's??

chomorro

Ready to race!
Found the dealer part. Now is there a gti crew in San Diego?

Naptownnappin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI MKV
Four Seasons Tuning I've heard is pretty good. Some friends say the dude James is really knowledgeable and on point, but I have yet to find out from personal experience. Going to check them out this Saturday tho, let you know what they're like, but I'm a newbie myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rude Jr

Drummer for Subject 16
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, Mk2 TT RS
Only advice I can give is NEVER go to Drew VW. Ever.

and to my knowledge, there's no GTI-only crew but I have seen plenty around. Lets get one started!

chomorro

Ready to race!
Four seasons is too far for me lol. I have been going to Pure Motorsports down here and they are pretty awesome. Down side is their hours SUCK and i have to wait for days off to go there and appoinments need to be made to get anything done which require another day off to take the car there.........

Im down to meet up and have a meet. I know my old buddies are going to have a dyno day on the 21st. Im trying to go to and at least hang out.

chomorro

Ready to race!
Have you tried ACG?

and do you know any other local MkVs?

ACG is mostly bmw i think and they have the same operating hours as pure..... Pure has a lot of vw customers so i would trust them more. One of the mechanics has a stage 4+ mkv too :)

I only have one friend with an mk6 down here most of my buddies have speed 3s since i used to have one.

chomorro

Ready to race!
Stage 4? Christ lol.

Hatch party!
How'd you like the speed3?

I actually loved it :biggrin: i sold it because it was modded out and i got offered a lot of money for it from a kid with rich parents so i took the cash i made and bought the GTI with a few mods 114k miles and exterior is kind of abused........ I wanted to get a pretty fast high mileage hatch and not do anything to it but maintenance but first thing i had to replace already was the fuel pump, cam shaft and follower.

Now i have an APR pump sitting here and i want to put in a downpipe and intercooler :23: just so i can get a stage 2+ then hopefully leave it alone :bow:

To be honest though the GTI is more fun to drive and has way more controllable torque steer and lots of features. I just dont like the labor and parts premium on it. Just bought some used air tools so hopefully i can do most of the stuff on my own.

Rude Jr

Drummer for Subject 16
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, Mk2 TT RS
Haha love how you went from "nothing but maintenance" to "stage 2+"

That's good tho! I've always enjoyed driving mine. Yea stuff can be pretty pricey, but you can find good stuff used or on sale. At the end of the day it's all worth it ?

You got a house/garage to work out of?

chomorro

Ready to race!
Well I needed a new pump so might as well upgrade haha. Then I can't put a new pump in unless I can take advantage of it right?

No garage I live by the beach so I have no parking. But I use my mom's driveway to work on my car ;)

Rude Jr

Drummer for Subject 16
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, Mk2 TT RS
Oh nice which beach?

and that's better than nothing! All I have is a tiny underground parking space

chomorro

Ready to race!
Ocean beach :). Just ordered a expensive as he'll down pipe and about 700 worth of maintenance stuff....... going to be some long install weekends coming up.

Rude Jr

Drummer for Subject 16
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, Mk2 TT RS
Holy sht haha. Which dp?

Sitting in traffic near a murdered out speed3 lol

chomorro

Ready to race!
I ordered the awe with the metal cat. I hope it's worth the money.......

Anyone have a vagcom?