GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S3 Intercooler

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
I am thinking about getting the S3 Intercooler but i want to make sure about somethings before buying it

are these only the parts involved in the upgrade or i need additional items (bolts, clamps, etc...)

1K0 145 803 P

1K0 145 832 S

1K0 145 834 AA

petsy

Go Kart Champion
And just so that you know, the actual oem specific S3 IC hoses are of better quality and rigidness than the oem GTi ones.

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
in that link, the s3 IC was used with stock hoses

i just want to be specific about what bolts and other extras i will need to install the s3 IC with the s3 hoses

petsy

Go Kart Champion
If you are using the S3 hoses (iirc they come with jubilee clamps) then the only thing extra you should need is 9 M6x1x16mm hex bolts. I used a washer on each of these bolts at install.

skateboy918

Ready to race!
in that link, the s3 IC was used with stock hoses

i just want to be specific about what bolts and other extras i will need to install the s3 IC with the s3 hoses

you have to be careful on the INLET side of the s3 intercooler.

You have to see what your discharge pipe outlet is like, whether the notches on it are 3-9 o'clock or 6-12 o'clock (there are 2 versions of the inlet hose to the S3 intercooler)

Just curious why you don't want to save $220+ by reusing the hose thats already on your car? I would only buy the OUTLET hose if you REALLY wanted to, the inlet hose is 100% perfect fit in my opinion.

Also the link to the flange screws i have posted (mcmastercarr), you will not need any washers.

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
you have to be careful on the INLET side of the s3 intercooler.

You have to see what your discharge pipe outlet is like, whether the notches on it are 3-9 o'clock or 6-12 o'clock (there are 2 versions of the inlet hose to the S3 intercooler)

Just curious why you don't want to save $220+ by reusing the hose thats already on your car? I would only buy the OUTLET hose if you REALLY wanted to, the inlet hose is 100% perfect fit in my opinion.

Also the link to the flange screws i have posted (mcmastercarr), you will not need any washers.

1K0 145 832 S

1K0 145 834 AA

which one of these is the inlet and which is the outlet