GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ruining the game of Football

McChris

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/24111/solving-the-nfls-kickoff-problem

Apparently the new idea is to completely remove kickoffs all together. They've already changed so much it's taking away from the game. When will they stop? Will this be the new uniform?

VWTN

Ready to race!
Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

What a bunch of big floppy pussies we have become. The ORIGINAL fair catch rule was the only "recent" rule change I was moderately OK with. Everything since then, aside from being able to go to the replay, has been a catastrophe.

That being said, I don't think they'll be able to pull it off. Kickoffs are a huge portion of the game. We've all seen games won or lost by returns and onside kicks. Besides that, the fans would fucking riot. #truestory.

GTIwannagofast

Ready to race!
football is a sissy sport... i perfer the lingerie football league... i figure if i'm going to watch girls play, might as well watch some hot women.

i heard there is talks of two hand touch or flag football by the 2013 seaon.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
Football has become pussyball. I can't stand this, the owners aren't playing, so it shouldn't be their decision. Ryan Clark of the Steelers said that they should keep it. Trust him, he's a player.

VWTN

Ready to race!
Football has become pussyball. I can't stand this, the owners aren't playing, so it shouldn't be their decision. Ryan Clark of the Steelers said that they should keep it. Trust him, he's a player.

A lot of the players are bitching too about different things. If they don't want to play the game and earn the millions, get off the field. Lots of people waiting in the wings that would do it at a fraction of their pay.

SRT2GTI

Banned
When are the talking heads of football going to realize it's a violent sport and nothing is going to change that. Watching football has become very irritating this past couple of years. They review EVERYTHING, the refs throw flags on EVERYTHING...If winter wasn't so god awful boring, I would think about boycotting football.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
You want them to bring back real football? Quit watching/attending games/buying merchandise...

Hit them in the pocket and they'll get the message.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
They review EVERYTHING, the refs throw flags on EVERYTHING...If winter wasn't so god awful boring, I would think about boycotting football.

It's pretty annoying how the refs baby the elite QB's around. Brady-He breathed on me! 15 YARD PENALTY. Ruins the game
You want them to bring back real football? Quit watching/attending games/buying merchandise...

Hit them in the pocket and they'll get the message.

I was actually thinking of doing the exact thing. It'll be boring, but they'll be forced to change

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Get punished for celebrating a TD. LOL!

SRT2GTI

Banned
At first I thought Goodell was a very good commissioner by cleaning up the sport. Now he seems more like a power crazed dictator implementing retarded rules that are completely ruining the game.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
May I play devil's advocate?

The more we learn about head injuries the more we've learned how dangerous football really is. There are former players suing the NFL which is going to cost the owners and (by extension) the fans a lot of money. The "power crazed dictator" is trying to save us all money in the long run and keeping star players on the field longer, I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

I like football for the feats of athleticism, not "OMG LOOK AT HOW HARD THAT GUY GOT CREAMED!" If y'all want that then there's a UFC fight every month on pay-per-view. You get slow motion replay of distorted faces and broken bones.

I can live with a safer, more sanitized version of football so long as the basic game is still intact. How many times do I need to see James Harrison drive his helmet into another player's face? My Redskins are drafting RG3, a rather intelligent guy who's a great interview and fun to listen to. I can't wait to see him play and I'll be damned before I want some DE bashing his brain apart this year after what the Skins gave up for him.

Kickoffs may not need to be removed altogether but giving gunners more room to catch might help. I love football but part of me feels bad that I'm watching some guys get pummeled who later in life won't be able to walk in a straight line after their playing years are over. We might as well let horse jockeys use sharp spurs, that'll make horse racing faster.

SRT2GTI

Banned
Throwing flags on actual illegal hits is one thing, but refs now have the mindset "when in doubt throw the flag." There were an abundance of hits this past year that were completely legal, yet the ref will throw the flag because it looks violent. I'm all for player safety, but the fact remains is pro football is a fast moving, fast pace violent sport. You can't anticpate if a receiver or QB dips his head a certain way during a hit and the defensive player happens to go helmet to helmet. It also seems rediculous that a running back can lower his head to plow through a defensive back and not get called for leading with his helmet.

I'm also completely against the fact that defense has been all but eliminated from the game. It seems like the defense is on the field with one arm tied behind their backs due to all of the new "sissy" rules. The scores have been obcene in the NFL the past two seasons because teams have just been airing the ball up...why not, there's a really good chance the ref will just call pass interference. Fans watch the game for the players not the refs.

Last edited: