GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSC17's YJ Build

RSC17

R32 OG
Here's a thread for my other vehicle.

Now on to the pictures, I'm in college so this might be a slower build.

2 days after I got it:

Minor things came into play at first:

- Hella Lighting
- Cobra CB
- iVault Middle Console

Then I got the idea to replace the weak rear "bumpers" with a better one. I decided to make my own.

Drew it up on Autodesk Inventor and everything...

This past week I purchase a Rugged Ridge front bumper and a set of 30x9.5 Goodyear MTR's on stock 15's.

This is how it looks today:

My plan is:

- Refinish wheels
- Remount lower Hella's
- 4" lift
- Hi Lift jack mount since I came across a jack for free
- Sliders
- Lockers?

Any suggestions and comments are welcome. ENJOY :thumbup:

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Moar Lift! And...a snorkel kit. :thumbsup:

For sliders, check out Shrockworks. They make some really good quality stuff. All handmade, so it'll take a few weeks to get it. Have their sliders and rear bumper w/ spare tire carrier & hi-lift jack mount on my wife's 08' Xterra. The sliders curve upward to help protect the sides of the rocker panels as well. Welds are gorgeous, PC is perfect. Install was fairly simple. Installed them on my wife's Xterra by myself in my driveway with basica handtools. Took roughly 1.5 hours. But trying to hold them in place to get bolts/nuts started with no help was the hard part.

Pics of their stuff if you can see it on there.

Where are you planning to mount the Hi-Lift jack? Beneath the windshield?

RSC17

R32 OG
nice X man!

Schrockworks looks legit!

yeah beneath the windshield would probably be the best.

as for the snorkel kit. it looks like i will have to make my own.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Damn, if you were closer id sell you my custom front brush guard on the low low. Lights mounted, hooks welded, enough center space for a winch. The thing is a legit beast. The lower part of the brushguard is basically same design as your rear bumper but a little beefier and the protects the entire front of the jeep with a massive tubular design (hard to explain). The guy I bought it from was a welder and his did had an offroad shop. So he custom fabbed the brushguard up with his dad. I could plow through brick walls if I wanted to hahaha. Ill post up a pic of mine when I get home.

-jakrbt-

nice X man!

Schrockworks looks legit!

yeah beneath the windshield would probably be the best.

as for the snorkel kit. it looks like i will have to make my own.

Thanks! IMHO, though, I think it needs a little more lift. Only 3" right now w/ Calmini spacers up front and Calmini shackles & add-a-leafs in rear. I'm thinking another 3" of lift and fitting 35's on there would have it sittin' proper. My wife wants bigger tires, too.

RSC17

R32 OG
Damn, if you were closer id sell you my custom front brush guard on the low low. Lights mounted, hooks welded, enough center space for a winch. The thing is a legit beast. The lower part of the brushguard is basically same design as your rear bumper but a little beefier and the protects the entire front of the jeep with a massive tubular design (hard to explain). The guy I bought it from was a welder and his did had an offroad shop. So he custom fabbed the brushguard up with his dad. I could plow through brick walls if I wanted to hahaha. Ill post up a pic of mine when I get home.

yea man! too bad. i don't have any complaints with the RR bumper except the fact that it has no winch plate or recovery points. The fact that I got both the bumper and wheels/tires on trade for my xbox doesn't have me complaining much.

Thanks! IMHO, though, I think it needs a little more lift. Only 3" right now w/ Calmini spacers up front and Calmini shackles & add-a-leafs in rear. I'm thinking another 3" of lift and fitting 35's on there would have it sittin' proper. My wife wants bigger tires, too.

sell me those mickey's then!

i think a 4" lift will be enough for what I want to do with mine.

-jakrbt-

yea man! too bad. i don't have any complaints with the RR bumper except the fact that it has no winch plate or recovery points. The fact that I got both the bumper and wheels/tires on trade for my xbox doesn't have me complaining much.

sell me those mickey's then!

i think a 4" lift will be enough for what I want to do with mine.

Only problem w/ the MT's is that they've only got about 5-6k left on treadwear. We've put a good 40k on them so far. Not sure what she wants to put on there next, though. I know it'll have to be lifted more to accomodate anything bigger. The fronts already rub on hard turns, like into parking spaces, etc. I'd actually like to throw some 18" wheels on it when I do bigger tires, too. I think it would balance out the look more. But, it's up to the wife, as it's her toy.

RSC17

R32 OG
my mtr's are almost gone as well. i was thinkin about going with the wild country mtx's. i can get them at wholesale and they look like a decent mud tire.

does your xterra come with some type of limited slip?

Doctor7474

Ready to race!
Rokmen Sliders are the best.

Poison Spyder Customs front comp stinger for a front bumper and there rear comp stinger/fold down tire carrier.

My baby pretty stock at the moment but since it's a Rubicon....

RSC17 and jakrbt, you guys crack me up. You're closet off roaders. Here's my old Jeep. 5 years of trouble free driving. Loved it. Not really off road ready, but a good little urban curb jumper that can push through snow for the shitty six months of the year in MN.

Attachments

• DSC00058.JPG
    DSC00058.JPG
    542.9 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC00057.jpg
    DSC00057.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 321

-jakrbt-

That Rubi looks like a lot of fun! :thumbsup:

my mtr's are almost gone as well. i was thinkin about going with the wild country mtx's. i can get them at wholesale and they look like a decent mud tire.

does your xterra come with some type of limited slip?

Yeah, and rear diff lock, too. Also has hill descent control, and traction control. I think as far as tires, the next ones we're looking at at Pro-Comp XTreme Mud Terrains. She really likes the tread pattern of those and the XTreme AT's, but the AT's only come in 35's and up.

RSC17 and jakrbt, you guys crack me up. You're closet off roaders. Here's my old Jeep. 5 years of trouble free driving. Loved it. Not really off road ready, but a good little urban curb jumper that can push through snow for the shitty six months of the year in MN.

No, no closet off-roader. I've been into that for a while now. Although, the X has never seen a trail. At least, not yet. Had an '05 Nismo Frontier 4x4 for a while, but got rid of it. The Xterra is my wife's and I built it the way it sits now for her. Plus, we have 3 quads in the garage, so we need something to haul them with. I'll always be a car guy, though. Just like to do a few different things. Playing in the mud is just one of them! :biggrin:

RSC17

R32 OG
Yeah, and rear diff lock, too. Also has hill descent control, and traction control. I think as far as tires, the next ones we're looking at at Pro-Comp XTreme Mud Terrains. She really likes the tread pattern of those and the XTreme AT's, but the AT's only come in 35's and up.

that's sick. yeah i've gotten stuck a couple times when lockers would have gotten me out. open diff sucks haha.

and for being a closet off roader, i've been riding quads all my life but fortunately i was able to come up with the money to actually buy a jeep. i've always wanted one. i'm a hillbilly at heart :lol:

-jakrbt-

that's sick. yeah i've gotten stuck a couple times when lockers would have gotten me out. open diff sucks haha.

and for being a closet off roader, i've been riding quads all my life but fortunately i was able to come up with the money to actually buy a jeep. i've always wanted one. i'm a hillbilly at heart :lol:

You still ride? I'm hoping to get some time to ride a little this weekend, but we'll see. Luckily, there's plenty of open space behind my subdivision and no one complains about us riding. Now if we could rework the small MX track we have back there. The jump we had is toast. I tried to hit it a couple weeks ago and it's damn near flat. I have access to a tractor w/ front end loader, but no way to get it there. We're actually bhilding a small track at my in-law's place, too. So far we have a 3'-4' high jump, a 10' berm, and a table top that I have yet to see. Still planning to add a whoops section and some other stuff.

Hillbillies Unite!

RSC17

R32 OG
yah every once and awhile. funny story about how i started riding. my buddy had a blaster all tricked out and i actually took it out and flipped the bitch. bent the frame and all kinds of shit. bought it from him, fixed it, and beat the shit out of it. i've sold it since then since i'm a college boy now. i ride my uncles 4x4 quads but they are no where near as fun as that 2cycle.